快速登录:  

Forum: Music discussion

话题: Preparing a mega mix

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

EXReconHome userMember since 2013
Dear friends, I am planning to buy VDJ software for DJing. But before i make my purchase, I like to gather some details. I am not a professional DJ. I am very new to DJing, also without any experience at all. I have plans to prepare a mega mix, and this mega mix will probably consist of more than 30 songs. I hope that someone can enlighten me and provide me some valuable guidance. I have read through many articles and also seen many tutorials on youtube. Here is my questions.

In VDJ, there is a recording button where I can start my recording. The best part which I learned is that it allows me to save my record as MP3 instead of WAV file. It is not difficult if I would like to mix only 2 songs. Now, lets say I selected 30 songs. I need to mix from song 1 to song 30. The moment I hit on the "start record" button, it will start recording. The problem is this. There are some songs which I am uncertain which part to stop and which part to kick in the next song. Meaning to say, let's say I have done song 1 and transit to song 2. Now I want to transit from 2 to 3. During the transition from song 2 to song 3, I am uncertain which part of song 2 I like to transit to song 3. When this happen, I can't stop recording. I'm sure there should be a way to get around this right? I can't find a pause button for the recording. Even if there is, I can't pause it while letting the music continue to play because this will affect the recording. Please enlighten me. The recording is like "live." The moment you start your record, is like you cannot playback to check or perhaps make some adjustment. I can't do the trial and error things until I get it right before I move on to song 4 and song 5.

It is also not like a project file where I can stop my work today and then continue the next day. Assuming during the first 10 songs I got it right, and then when I transit to the 11th song, something happen and the transition is not perfect and I would like to make some changes. It is not possible that way. Does that mean I will have to start all over again from song number 1?

发表时间 Sat 12 Oct 13 @ 10:14 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Not that I'm trying to talk you out of buying this product. It is a solid software. It sounds like MixMeister or something like it would be more what you're looking for.

发表时间 Sat 12 Oct 13 @ 10:59 am
I agree with Terry. Virtual DJ is designed to be used live.

From what you've said, it sounds like you want to produce a mix, not mix it live "on the fly".

Tasks like that are usually done in DAW (digital audio workstation) software such as Ableton Live.

Doing it in a DAW will usually take much longer, but it does mean you can save each step, adjust things as you go (without it being permanent) and add or subtract tracks, FX etc at any point.

Software such as Mixmeister, Mashup, Pioneer Mixtrax etc. sits in between DJ s/w and DAW s/w and is designed to make constructing mixes easy.

发表时间 Sat 12 Oct 13 @ 12:40 pm
Hi Terry and Groovindj, thank you so much for your wonderful advise. Yes, you are right, I want to produce a mix, not mix it live "on the fly".

I went to take a look at Mixmeister, Mashup, Pioneer Mixtrax. The Mixtrax looks cool for me. However, Mixtrax is alittle different from the other two software. Mixtrax doesn't allow me to edit the way like the other two. It basically link up to my music library and mix it automatically.

Mixmeister and Mashup is something what I am looking for. Mashup has a better skin outlook or I should say, better look than Mixmeister. In terms of feature, Mixmeister seems to be a more powerful software. I needed something even more powerful and better. Do you have any better recommendation beside Mixmeister and Mashup?

发表时间 Sun 13 Oct 13 @ 1:05 am
As I already said, Ableton Live. Another possibility is Sony Acid Pro (which I used a lot before I switched to Ableton Live).

Both are available as 30 day trials.

发表时间 Sun 13 Oct 13 @ 8:12 am
groovindj, I really appreciate your advise and thank you very much for your sharing and enlightenment. groovindj, I would like to send a PM to you, how should I do it? I tried to click on your name below your avatar, it brought me to a place where I cannot locate the PM buttom.

发表时间 Tue 15 Oct 13 @ 9:31 am
EXRecon wrote :
I cannot locate the PM buttom.

It should be there! Do you see two symbols? A blue circle with a man inside & a sheet of paper with a pencil?

The blue circle is for adding friends, and the paper is for sending PM.

发表时间 Tue 15 Oct 13 @ 10:33 am
Sorry, unlicensed users don't have the ability to send private messages.

Posting contact details in the forums is also not permitted for unlicensed users. Please see the forum rules.

发表时间 Tue 15 Oct 13 @ 11:14 am
groovindj, I respect the forum rules. As stated from the support staff, I think I am one of the unlicensed users. Since I cannot PM you and also provide contact details, not sure if you PM me would there be any issues?

发表时间 Wed 16 Oct 13 @ 8:27 am
The problem is that NLUs don't have any access to messages at all!

I just created this new NLU account to see what it offered, and there is no way to send or receive messages.

It's a bit odd because I could send you a message from my full account (without getting any sort of error) but you would have no way of receiving it or seeing it.

发表时间 Wed 16 Oct 13 @ 8:44 am
I suggest you look for me on YouTube and send me a message from there (make it clear who you are).

发表时间 Wed 16 Oct 13 @ 8:58 am
groovindj, I went to youtube and searched for your name. After I click into groovindj, under your name, there are home button, videos button, discussion button and about button. I clicked into the discussion button where I can post something on it. I posted something there already.

发表时间 Thu 17 Oct 13 @ 9:35 am
Clicking the about button should give you the option to send a message. I've sent you one now.

YouTube seem determined to hide the whole messaging side of things now for some reason.

发表时间 Thu 17 Oct 13 @ 9:53 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)