快速登录:  

Forum: Music discussion

话题: Battles

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Ive been wanting these with-in the virtual dj community. So around the beginning of the year i would like to sponsor an online VDJ scratch dj battle....where or who would i talk to about this. I want it link to this forum..the prize would be V8 pro full and a mixer..im leaning toward the voxoa m70 as first prize and m447s as second prize.

发表时间 Mon 02 Sep 13 @ 9:35 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Nope. Scratching is for showing off to other DJs. It's not about mixing. Some here love to scratch. Some don't. I hate the concept of DJ battles. Music is a gift to be shared. Not a tool for harming others. The word battle incites visions of hurting others.....

发表时间 Mon 02 Sep 13 @ 11:39 pm
what hell.....why is it a problem to show off skills you practice for years...guess your telling me i bought the wrong software and in the wrong community of Djs....never thought scratch djs would be frowned upon...am i hearing this right..guess thats why timecode wasnt all that important cause we just wanna show off.we are the ones that push the limits of djing..we are the reason dj softwares have to go back to the drawing board....We brought art into djing...well maybe its because i grew up in a hiphop world..where you strive to be better than everybody whether you dj, dance or rap or draw= HipHop...even reggae djs have soundclash...yall cats is wack....with all these members in here telling people "they are not djs" and "you dont really know how to dj"..and like i always answer lets battle and show me i dont know how to dj....glad im not part of this new generation of soft sensitive djs...i hate i cant really represent true turntablism wizardry in the forum of the software i choose to use...taking the fun out of it....well ill just use the software and forums just to download the updates and fix bugs....forget talking about or exhibiting skills in here....boring....walks out left stage with laptop and tcv

发表时间 Tue 03 Sep 13 @ 1:08 am
jucenicPRO InfinityMember since 2012
TearEmUp wrote :
Nope. Scratching is for showing off to other DJs. It's not about mixing. Some here love to scratch. Some don't. I hate the concept of DJ battles. Music is a gift to be shared. Not a tool for harming others. The word battle incites visions of hurting others.....

I agree

发表时间 Tue 03 Sep 13 @ 1:29 am
How about a Controllerism comp, as the amount and combination of controllers that work with VDJ is far superior than any other DJ Software out there at the moment. There are some mind boggling combinations of kit and custom mappers that can be set up.

发表时间 Tue 03 Sep 13 @ 5:34 am
even that could work..i just wanna see some friendly competition...i will keep using virtual dj but forget this forum...i need to be among Alpha DJs seem like these djs dont see djing as i see it...as an art as well as a sport...but according to the moderator im trying to harm people...F.o.H..well ill shut up now cause i might hurt someones feelings....

发表时间 Tue 03 Sep 13 @ 8:26 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Number one, I'm not a "yall". I am an individual, only one. No need for the plural context. Number two that is how I feel. If you find that offensive, it sounds to me like your missing the entire point of my post. Number three, really? You thought you'd get a better response on the Facebook page? Number four, I've been mixing for close to thirty years. I am most decidedly Not a member of "this generation".

发表时间 Tue 03 Sep 13 @ 8:30 am
I like DJ Battles, it's the art I grew up on and love. I'm one of those early hip-hop kids, you know the 80's when Hip-hop was in it's youth.
It was a more pure time in the art, mostly because it was all new and everyone was doing something different, something other artists weren't doing. Today it seems, the art is kind of ehh. I've seen the battles, I've watched the meek get pinched and the bold survive. I am not sure why I am on this rant, I digress.
A VDJ battle? I don't think this would be the right setting for that. If you want to hop on a battle, my homies from the skratchlounge.com host online battles there. Jam Burglar, DJ Jeff, Vekked, CirKutCision etc all have done online battles there. Perhaps you should check it out.
Skratchlounge.com is the Hip-Hop side of DJWorx.com (Mark Settle), it used to be skratchworx sum couple years ago.
Anyway, if you need to scratch that itch, I would go to skratchlounge.com

发表时间 Tue 03 Sep 13 @ 8:50 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)