快速登录:  

Forum: Music discussion

话题: Mixing

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

krusy12Home userMember since 2013
Any just overall mixing tips you guys have? Also any tips for mixing 2 songs with completely different bpms? From a faster bpm to a slow bpm transition tricks or anything would be great thank you

发表时间 Sat 27 Jul 13 @ 6:16 pm
Well quick question for you, what DJ controller do you use? So that I can get a feel for how your setup is. When I mix, I'll usually find songs that are the same bpm or just a few points off. If I want to mix a slow song into a fast song (or vice versa) I'll do one of two things.
Example: Going from a 128bpm song to a 100bpm song.
1) Slowly drop the pitch fader (with the keylock on!) to the 100bpm then match up the beats.
2) Slowly fade out the 128bpm song, then play a sample or say something into the mic. Kind of like a brake. Then just play the 100bpm song.
Hope this helps good luck!

发表时间 Sat 27 Jul 13 @ 6:56 pm
Make sure you read the two sticky's at the top of this page.

What I would suggest for you to do is listen to two songs with slightly different bpm's but with the same Key. Listen to them at the same time at original bpm then listen to the sound while you adjust bpms to bring to the same bpm. You can use sync if you want but if you want to learn how to manually beatmatch then you can do that also.

For big bpm changes you will have to use an effect or straight cut or fade over.

Practice, Practice. ...

发表时间 Sat 27 Jul 13 @ 6:59 pm
danielsr2006 wrote :

What I would suggest for you to do is listen to two songs with slightly different bpm's but with the same Key. Listen to them at the same time at original bpm then listen to the sound while you adjust bpms to bring to the same bpm. You can use sync if you want but if you want to learn how to manually beatmatch then you can do that also.

For big bpm changes you will have to use an effect or straight cut or fade over.

Practice, Practice. ...

I agree with danielsr2006 completely. Question for you Daniel, if a song has a very long drum intro just for mixing, does key essentially matter?

发表时间 Sat 27 Jul 13 @ 7:08 pm
DJ Zibs wrote :
danielsr2006 wrote :

Practice, Practice. ...

I agree with danielsr2006 completely. Question for you Daniel, if a song has a very long drum intro just for mixing, does key essentially matter?

I mix Hard House, and yes, while the long kick drum intro's and outro's do help making mixing easier, key is still important, because if you hit play at the wrong time, and the bass-lines clash, it'll sound awful. At least if the tracks are in key, your mistake won't sound so obvious...

Ta
Mike

发表时间 Sun 28 Jul 13 @ 1:20 am
krusy12Home userMember since 2013
Thanks for the tips guys. I use the mixtrack pro 2. For using the crossfader do you actually play both songs at one time then when it goes to an up beat move to the next song?

发表时间 Sun 28 Jul 13 @ 9:42 pm
krusy12 wrote :
Thanks for the tips guys. I use the mixtrack pro 2. For using the crossfader do you actually play both songs at one time then when it goes to an up beat move to the next song?

At one point, yes you are playing both songs at the same time. Their beat has to be EXACTLY matched, otherwise it will sound terrible. Then, once the beats are matched, slowly fade over to the cued song.

发表时间 Sun 28 Jul 13 @ 11:42 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)