快速登录:  

Forum: Music discussion

话题: Recording a song with variable tempo

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Is there a way to vary the tempo at different points in a song and record the modified version of the song for later playback? I'm just starting with Virtual DJ Home. The song in question has sections that are 90 BPM and others that are 78 BPM. Without changing the pitch, I'd like to increase the 90 sections to 95 BPM and decrease the 78 sections to 70 BPM, record the results, and use the song for a choreographed dance. Thanks for any help.

发表时间 Tue 09 Jul 13 @ 9:26 am
I'd suggest downloading a 30 day trial of Ableton Live and using that. It's the sort of task that's really easy in Live.

发表时间 Tue 09 Jul 13 @ 9:46 am
Thanks, groovindj. I downloaded Ableton Live and dragged an AAC audio file from iTunes to a new audio track. I played the track, and it's full of audio defects like popping/drop-out sounds. I'm only using 3% of my CPU. The sample rate of the song and Ableton Live are both 44.1 kHz. Default SR is set to high quality. Changing the buffer size didn't help. What am I missing?

发表时间 Tue 09 Jul 13 @ 11:43 am
I even went through the Audio I/O set up process, and the AAC song still won't play without pops and drop-outs. I tried a different AAC song with the same results.

发表时间 Tue 09 Jul 13 @ 12:25 pm
Mac or PC?

Using a pro audio interface or just a bog standard built in piece of rubbish?

发表时间 Tue 09 Jul 13 @ 2:34 pm
It's a Mac, a brand new, very fast one with lots of fast memory.

The Ableton Live driver type says CoreAudio.

发表时间 Tue 09 Jul 13 @ 3:09 pm
If you're just using the onboard sound, you won't get as good a result as with a pro audio interface that's designed for low latency.

Live has built in help, and there's a guide to setting up the sound preferences. Basically....use the test tone and adjust the buffer size until there's no break up in the tone.

Anyway, this is the Atomix forum. We're already on thin ice talking about Live as it is!

发表时间 Tue 09 Jul 13 @ 3:35 pm
I've already gone through the test tone process without improvement. Thanks for trying to help.

发表时间 Tue 09 Jul 13 @ 3:46 pm
Can you not get a clean tone then?

Another possibility is that you're using the wrong warping mode. For complete tracks, you should use Complex Pro.

发表时间 Tue 09 Jul 13 @ 3:51 pm
Yes, the tone was clean...but the music is full of pops and drop-outs. I don't have access to the Complex Pro warping mode in my trial version. I haven't done any tempo changes or stretching anyway; still trying to play back the unaltered AAC file with good quality.

We better table this discussion since this is a Virtual DJ forum, unless there's a way to change the tempo in various parts of the song with Virtual DJ then record the output for later playback.

发表时间 Tue 09 Jul 13 @ 4:46 pm
Sorry, it's not currently possible to do this in VirtualDJ. Like most other DJ software, it uses a fixed average BPM for the entire song. However, it may be possible in a future version of the software to be able to set a different tempo in different parts of the song.

For now, the best solution is to either modify the song externally so that it has a fixed tempo or preferably learn to beatmatch it manually using either your ears and/or visually lining up the beats of the two waveforms (Use the pitch slider to adjust the pitch up/down as needed and the pitch bend buttons to make small fine adjustments.)

With practise, you should also be able to do this accurately by ear, which is a very useful DJ skill and will enable you to mix regardless of the software/hardware that you are using (E.g: If you have to use traditional CD's/vinyl or mix on USB media players that don't have waveforms or visual beatmatching displays.)

发表时间 Wed 10 Jul 13 @ 3:43 am
Support staff wrote :
beatmatch it manually

Yes that's one possible way of doing it with what you have.

Load the same track onto two decks. Set one deck to the higher tempo, and the other to the lower tempo.

Now, set some cue points. Determine the locations of the tempo changes and set cue points there, so you can:

1) See where the changes occur.
2) Start each deck at that point (at the right time) using the hot cues you set.

So basically you would chop between the fast and slow versions live, at the relevant times, and record the result.

发表时间 Wed 10 Jul 13 @ 4:08 am
Try MashUp from mixed in key, just load the track several times with different tempos and fade inbetween.

发表时间 Wed 10 Jul 13 @ 5:17 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)