快速登录:  

Forum: Music discussion

话题: What am I doing Wrong ? (Critique Needed)

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

cgvinceHome userMember since 2013
Hi, So I'll start by saying the hardware + software I am using is virtual DJ and a Numark Mixtrack Pro, I have been practising making mixes now for about the last 3 weeks (I try and record at least one mix a day to help me improve)

Over the last few weeks I have noticed some very small improvements, but these are mainly just using the hardware and software and not mixing improvements.

When I listen back to my mixes they seem almost boring and lack energy.....The only transition I can seem to do at the moment is very basic (Track 1 Fade Out, Track 2 Fade In) and it kills the energy of the mix.

It would be awesome if you guys could have a listen to this test mix I have made and give me some constructive criticism and feedback, I want to be able to make quick transitions and keep the energy going but just cant seem to learn how.

(If possible make a comment on the transition at 2:00 IMO its the best one on the mix)

https://soundcloud.com/cgvince/test-mix

Thanks In Advance Guys

发表时间 Wed 15 May 13 @ 3:07 pm
DjRatRHome userMember since 2010
The transition itself was fine but the keys were clashing. Enable the "Key Diff" display in the browser and only mix tunes with a rating of 0.

You could also map a button to "match_key" to automatically change the key to a compatible one. Though if it shifts it by more than ±1 key I'd advise against doing the mix unless you want the singer to sound like a chipmunk or Darth Vader.

Lastly, learn the Camelot Wheel/Circle of Fifths because it's not a good idea to rely too much on the software. Use your ears, cause VDJ doesn't always correctly guess the key. And if you can't detect a key clash just by listening, you're probably tone deaf and have no business DJing. Take this test to find out:

http://jakemandell.com/tonedeaf/

Also: Turn on Advanced Stretching and update to v7.4. I can hear those annoying artifacts were every 3rd or 4th drum kick or so doesn't hit as hard as it should. That's draining energy from your mix too. I've got an old-ass LE copy and mine does that too, but a friend of mine has the latest version and the audio is pristine with that setting enabled.

发表时间 Fri 17 May 13 @ 3:24 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)