快速登录:  

Forum: Music discussion

话题: Transitioning Trance and Progressive House

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hey everyone,

I've been practicing with VDJ Pro and my Numark Mixtrack Pro II for awhile now, Ive even done a few parties and people had no complaints. I DJ Trance and Progressive House. Usually, when transitioning between tracks, I bring down the MID on the current track, while bringing up the MID on the other, but keeping the bass from the first track up until it syncs with the second one, and then cutting out the original bass with the new one (second track) when a drop hits, usually allowing for a decent transition. While doing this, I always make sure the BPM is exact or almost exact. I use the treble volume too to help filter the new track in. I never use the crossfader.

What are more experienced people's thoughts on this? I am about 5 months into it...and I feel this is a really good start if I can already DJ EDM parties with no problems.

I would like some practice tips, some advice, and any thoughts, I definitely still need too improve a lot.

Thanks!

发表时间 Wed 06 Mar 13 @ 7:34 pm
Well that is basically one of the ways to mix :P So sounds good!

What you could do now is to start developing more tactics, for example, no graduate introduction, but immediately after a build up turn away the bass and introduce track two full force. Or start minding keys, and start thinking on energy build ups, especially important with trance. Start juggling with keypoints.. basically, try new stuff!

发表时间 Fri 08 Mar 13 @ 10:51 pm
Trance (and Hard House, what I play) is typically produced in clumps of 64 beats. Try mixing the last four clumps of 64 of track one with the first four clumps of 64 of track two.

Hard House (and some trance) has funky vocal samples, or drum loops at the end of these 64s, and I cut the fader across and back to put the track two sample into track one - not something you could do with just EQs...

Ta
Mike

发表时间 Sat 09 Mar 13 @ 1:44 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)