快速登录:  

Forum: Music discussion

话题: Dubstep mix tips?

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I've read other topics about this but there wasn't anything that was answering my specific question.

Question 1: How do I blend two dubstep songs, sometimes I do it and it just doesn't work. They are two different songs with different bass. The beat is fine because it is 140.0 BPM. But there's different vocals and wobble bass that don't match up?

Question 2: When to go in and out of a track? I try to go in the bass drop but some songs drop at different times and I can't get it to work...

I'd be grateful for some help on how to mix dubstep properly (Not like anyone will help, people don't help me here at all...)

发表时间 Wed 11 Apr 12 @ 3:32 pm
DJ Rayver wrote :
I've read other topics about this but there wasn't anything that was answering my specific question.

Question 1: How do I blend two dubstep songs, sometimes I do it and it just doesn't work. They are two different songs with different bass. The beat is fine because it is 140.0 BPM. But there's different vocals and wobble bass that don't match up?

Question 2: When to go in and out of a track? I try to go in the bass drop but some songs drop at different times and I can't get it to work...

I'd be grateful for some help on how to mix dubstep properly (Not like anyone will help, people don't help me here at all...)

Hi dj rayver, hope i can help you out but i am not really good at explaining.

Answer 1 : two song of the same bpm is much easier to mix, if two of the bass and tune doesn't match then you might not want to use the beat matching method to transit the song OR you can use the advance tricks in mixing which is the bass and tremble adjustment.

Let me give you a example
Song A is playing and you start playing Song B, before you start song B, adjust the bass or tremble to either about 30% (normal - 50%), so for me what I will do to have a smooth blend transition, I adjust up the bass or tremble to the beat of the tracks ( either counts of 4 or 8 ). Meanwhile adjusting song B bass up to 50% you could lower down song A bass.

Hope you get what i mean here, it's more of practice.

Answer 2 : we all know every song got different timing of drops, thats what your headphone are for! Monitor and mark the point where it drops and where you want to start the tracks. this is kinda easy and common sense.

Lastly two of your question, you must practice to actually know how to transit them at least finely.

发表时间 Thu 12 Apr 12 @ 3:56 am
Thanks for replying:) But I don't really understand how you can match the bass or tremble to the beat. I thought they were two different things? I'm playing two tracks together and it's just not working?:(

发表时间 Thu 12 Apr 12 @ 10:00 am
the fact that every song bass is tremble is different even though its the same bpm, try use the advance trick i mention above to slowly blend in the song if you want to transit?

发表时间 Fri 13 Apr 12 @ 12:28 pm
I'll give it another go then. Hopefully, I'll get better results haha

发表时间 Fri 13 Apr 12 @ 1:53 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)