快速登录:  

Forum: Music discussion

话题: Make a drop

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

How do you speed up the track fast enough to make a drop? Can it go any faster than that high pitch thing on the keylock? This is the one thing i like about dub and cant seem to make a drop. Thanks

发表时间 Wed 13 Jul 11 @ 7:38 pm
u wanna fast a track to make a dj drop?

发表时间 Thu 14 Jul 11 @ 1:42 am
BlulitePRO InfinityMember since 2009
i sometimes speed up a track before making a drop. but i would speed it up using my platter or jog wheel then backspin it and land the drop. i also sometimes speed up a track by increasing the pitch gradually to transition between say house and makina. 130 - 160.speed it up so people notice and they wonder whats going on then dump in a banging drop.

it can sometimes be hard to pull of but if you time it right your sorted.

发表时间 Thu 14 Jul 11 @ 6:14 pm
I'm still having trouble dropping on the first beat. I've been told that I will deveope an ear over time, any other assistance out there that could help a bro out.

发表时间 Sat 16 Jul 11 @ 2:48 pm
you need to beat count at the same time as speeding up a track. count out like this

1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3 and play.

there are 4 beats in bar, you need to make the drop on the final beat. setup a cue point on your first beat and tap your casing as you count to keep the beat in time.

heres an example of a pitched drop to transition from house to makina.

http://soundcloud.com/blulite/h-mtrans

the transition is made to be noticable and was to take me from 130 bpm to 165 with a backspin.

发表时间 Sat 16 Jul 11 @ 6:50 pm
so i speed up the track put the drop at the start of another track and count the beat and when i drop the drop i do it at the beat count of 4 right?

发表时间 Sat 23 Jul 11 @ 5:20 pm
on 4....not after..do 1 - 2 - 3 - drop

not 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - drop

you should experiment a lot with drops ads sometimes they are best placed after 4. it varies according to what is being mixed, as a basic rule of thumb though, do it on 4.

发表时间 Sat 23 Jul 11 @ 6:09 pm
alright thanks
what controller are you using?

发表时间 Sat 23 Jul 11 @ 7:15 pm
im using a Hercules MP3e2 and a Numark Mixtrack Pro. i also use the keyboard to dump drops too sometimes.

发表时间 Sun 24 Jul 11 @ 4:29 am
leefjlHome userMember since 2011
Not feeling this speeding up thing. I think that will leave the dance floor totally confused and break the flow. Better to lower the volume and get on the mic and slowly bring the next song over.

As for dropping a song I wouldn't go 1-2-3-drop. If you count 1-2-3-and-1 then the drop sounds better with the next song coming in on a and-1.

发表时间 Mon 01 Aug 11 @ 11:35 am
leefjl wrote :
Not feeling this speeding up thing. I think that will leave the dance floor totally confused and break the flow. Better to lower the volume and get on the mic and slowly bring the next song over.

As for dropping a song I wouldn't go 1-2-3-drop. If you count 1-2-3-and-1 then the drop sounds better with the next song coming in on a and-1.

uh?? how do you work out that a drop sounds better if you count 1-2-3- and -1 then drop? it doesnt matter how you count it, its still going to sound the same.

if you do a drop the way your counting your going to be 1 beat out 1-2-3-and(beat 4)- 1 - drop your dropping on the second beat of a new bar, when you drop you need to be either on the last beat, or after the last beat dependent on what sort of drop your making. you also have to bear in mind if the drop begins with a quiet note then you re best dropping on the last beat. also sometimes the first beat is off on your drop so again you need to cater for that.

also sometimes its perfectly fine to beak the flow of the dancefloor. some crowds although left a bit bewildered will be pleased with the break in flow, especially if your stepping it up a notch. they soon forget about it but they appreciate the reasons behind it. theres a massive scene for makina around where i live and after playing a decent bit of house and dance, they love to go out on a hiigh so stepping it up and pumping out some banging audio tops off their night and sends everyone home happy and wanting more.

yes it breaks flow, yes its noticable. but yes it is also really clever if you pull it off. sometimes the bpm difference can be too great so its not worth doing but if its worth it and you keep the key then go for it. theres nothing wrong with people knowing when the mix is coming in sometimes.

if it goes tits up, the you can always get on your mic and say "well, that never worked did it?" the crowd would pee themselves with laughter and stick with you anyway. everyone makes mistakes and a crowd im sure would accept that if you yourself admit it.

发表时间 Mon 01 Aug 11 @ 6:35 pm
your in the mix with DJBACK

发表时间 Tue 09 Apr 13 @ 10:54 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)