快速登录:  

Forum: Music discussion

话题: Trance mix and some questions

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

agk512Home userMember since 2011
http://soundcloud.com/agk512/ministry-of-kickass-trance#

Hey there, heres a trance mix I threw together. Heres the thing though, its 16 minutes long and only 3 songs.

When mixing other genres i find it really easy to pick apart tunes and have them play for only a minute or two. With trance, though, with its long buildups and progressive nature I'm finding it hard to do so without ruining the song. Not that I want to mix trance that way anyway; I like playing the whole song through and having really smooth transitions like I did with this mix.

So what do you think. Whats the 'sweet' spot for trance in order to keep it interesting? 4, 5, 6 minutes for each song?
Oh, and comments on the mix are always greatly appreciated :D

发表时间 Sun 08 May 11 @ 9:29 pm
with the trance mixing point, there is no hard and fast rules, you can just hear where the track winds down, but it's usually 32 or 64 bars after the last main bit. You did hit it pretty well. But critically when you crossed over the second song didn't have enough energy to carry the mix, I would try mixing the second more mellow song first then going into the higher energy first song, there was also a little galloping. In contrast to that the last mix was really good... I liked when you slammed in the last track it was a change up of pace and became a little harder and flowed really nicely. Keep practicing and take notice of the key the songs are in, to me trance is about lifting you up as high as you can go, so I never go down in keys

发表时间 Sun 08 May 11 @ 10:08 pm
agk512Home userMember since 2011

I totally agree about the transition into the second song and it now makes sense because i was going down a key instead of up. hah, I feel like i should have picked up on how DJ's handle their key changes in all the years I've been listening to trance. Thanks for the tip man.

发表时间 Sun 08 May 11 @ 10:52 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)