快速登录:  

Forum: Music discussion

话题: New DJ-Using Hercules RMX-Help Please!

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hey VDJ forum viewers,
I'm new to DJ'ing and I just got the Hercules RMX controller. I'm familiar with the controls and I have ideas of songs that I would like to "Remix". The only problem is I don't really know where to start. Could anyone who is familiar with this controller give me any advice or tips that will help me get started on making my first "Remix" with this device. I'd appreciate it a lot!!! Thanks

发表时间 Sun 03 Apr 11 @ 5:43 pm

发表时间 Mon 04 Apr 11 @ 5:00 pm
I don't know really how to explain what I'm trying to say. But like get a beat from one song and put it on a different songs acapella or record a mix without having to be at a club or anything. Just recording a mix or get a normal song and trying to make it like dubstep. I don't know if you know what I'm trying to say. Maybe what I just said will help somebody to know how to help me. Haha

发表时间 Mon 04 Apr 11 @ 6:20 pm
Lol k i get it now. Well if u already have vocal tracks and seperate instrumentals then u can load vocals into track a or b and the instrumentals in the other. Use the virtual dj record feature to make the two tracks become one... If u are trying to make your own dubstep or instrumental track, you would need a program like FL studio or Reason or Pro Tools in order to make the track. The rmx controler just makes it easier to play music and add effects/loops through virtual dj.

发表时间 Tue 05 Apr 11 @ 2:02 am
yes if you dont want to make an entire song and just want to edit others together people usually call them "mashups" "bootlegs" or "edits" I have a couple mashups on my page if you wanna listen.

A mashup is when you take two song and kind of like make your own remixed track out of them i have a feeling this is what your talking about.

http://soundcloud.com/larehab

发表时间 Sat 09 Apr 11 @ 12:47 am
Since you are new, and are even having problems describing what you want to do, this tells me that you have no idea where to start.

This is ok, since I also didn't have an idea where to start when I started. I knew I wanted to create and remix, just didn't know how.

First, you'll need to spend lots of hours playing around with the Rmx. Crossfading, learning the effects trying things.

Second, you'll need to buy (yes buy) lots of songs of the type that you like, and try to find acapellas. www.beatport.com www.masterbeat.com www.zipdj.com www.emusic.com and itunes are some of the places where you can find these.

Why buy? first because you want to be legal, second cuz you'll get the best quality. Once you start remixing and re-recording you'll notice how the quality of the track starts to deteriorate. You don't want to spend hours and hours remixing a track, to then get it where you want and then listen to it and realize it sounds crappy. (note, just cuz it sounds fine in your headphones or computer speakers doesn't mean the file has good quality, you will notice the quality difference when you're pumping 2k+ watts speakers)

Eventually you'll want to buy a studio software, because it sounds like that's where you want to be. If you have a Mac, then i recommend Logic, on pc, well, do your research, many programs out there.

Hope that helps.

Mixing on the fly it's a lot harder than you think. Even if you're playing for a crowd, they might be more forgiving, but when you record something and listen to what you recorded, the more you listened to it, the more you will hate it.

发表时间 Tue 12 Apr 11 @ 9:20 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)