快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: The Denon DN MC6000 - Page: 12

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

An interesting point. Just how good a quality are the cables provided with equipment?

Roy

发表时间 Sun 16 Jan 11 @ 5:07 am
Cable I am using came from denon. Not sure how you can tell the quality of a USB cable?

发表时间 Sun 16 Jan 11 @ 5:36 am
I'm using the cable I had for the HC-4500 and it's not a Denon one.

Maybe try a different cable and report back?

Keith

发表时间 Sun 16 Jan 11 @ 6:00 am
I also once again had the freeze problem. I emailed denon, they told me they are working on it.

I am also having a problem with overloading the CPU when the denon is plugged in...without the denon plugged in I can play 4 videos at the same time cleanly - with the device plugged in, playing the third 3rd video will max out the CPU.

发表时间 Sun 16 Jan 11 @ 7:51 am
kradcliffe wrote :
Possibly 4 deck mode is the issue here .... I have been running in 2 deck (internal mix) mode since 23rd December with no problems whatsoever. Interestingly I don't use 4 deck mode or use the jogs for scratching.

You could always try changing to that mode and see what happens.

What we know so far:

It happens on both PC & Mac
It happens on 32bit & 64bit (windows)
It happens on both Traktor and VDJ
It seems to happen more often during scratching or using the jogs.

Silvio still hasn't narrowed this down but both Denon & Atomix are working on it.

My personal take is that running 4 deck (PC mix) and using the jogs causes some midi buffer overflow crashing midi out.

Give my suggestion a try and let me know what happens.

Keith

Had another gig tonight. Same thing happened. I wasnt scratching this time. If I remember right, I was pitching and moving the crossfader... or smth like that. The unit locked up again.

Will definitely try running it in 2 deck mode at home and test it out tomorrow. Will report back again. Hopefully with good news. Thanks for the many responses guys.

发表时间 Sun 16 Jan 11 @ 10:59 am
Denon is looking into this issue as it's a problem but seem to be having some difficulty due to the fact that the problem seems intermittent, and cannot be forced to replicate.

If they could find a trigger that caused the freeze up they could troubleshoot and solve the issue much faster.

Anyone here know a way to lock the unit up pretty much every time? Maybe pressing a few buttons while scratching?

Si

发表时间 Mon 17 Jan 11 @ 8:14 am
one thing common with the few lock up i had was it was only on the left deck while scratching. but not that i like to scratch more on the left deck than right.

发表时间 Mon 17 Jan 11 @ 8:39 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
Possibly 4 deck mode is the issue here .... I have been running in 2 deck (internal mix) mode since 23rd December with no problems whatsoever. Interestingly I don't use 4 deck mode or use the jogs for scratching.

You could always try changing to that mode and see what happens.

What we know so far:

It happens on both PC & Mac
It happens on 32bit & 64bit (windows)
It happens on both Traktor and VDJ
It seems to happen more often during scratching or using the jogs.

Silvio still hasn't narrowed this down but both Denon & Atomix are working on it.

My personal take is that running 4 deck (PC mix) and using the jogs causes some midi buffer overflow crashing midi out.

Give my suggestion a try and let me know what happens.

Keith

That's a pretty good summary. I've had a thread going on the denon dj forums about this for a while: http://www.denondjforums.com/forum/index.php?f=55&t=13972&rb_v=viewtopic

It seems to happen more frequently for me when cue/play/jog controls are being used a lot, however i've had it happen from a simple pitch fader adjustment or a simple play press

at the moment, I'm starting to think it might be an issue caused by a bad batch of controllers - because I experience the lockup on multiple pc's running different operating systems and totally different hardware (pc's that otherwise run virtual DJ just fine). I'd really like to find someone with a "known good" controller and swap for a set and see if the problem still follows the controller. I don't know of anyone anywhere near me that has another one though.

Are there a couple dj's out there anywhere (one w/ the issue and one w/o) that can swap mc6000's for a night and try ?

发表时间 Tue 18 Jan 11 @ 12:27 am
I ordered one of these about 3 weeks ago, Guitar Center said 1-17 was the arrival date. Now that date has changed to 1-25, which means I have time to cancel the order.... cancel or keep it and hope this thing works???

发表时间 Tue 18 Jan 11 @ 1:25 am
i had the problem and played with the unit in my house all day today trying to recreate it and has not happened. strange.

I feel its a solid unit and if there are bugs VDJ or Denon will take care of it.

发表时间 Tue 18 Jan 11 @ 3:09 am
DJECoast wrote :
I ordered one of these about 3 weeks ago, Guitar Center said 1-17 was the arrival date. Now that date has changed to 1-25, which means I have time to cancel the order.... cancel or keep it and hope this thing works???

I would say keep it, both Atomix and Denon are working on fixing this which means it's only a matter of time til this single problem is resolved.

Si

发表时间 Tue 18 Jan 11 @ 4:06 am

发表时间 Tue 18 Jan 11 @ 4:11 am
Cancel there's a lot of new stuff coming out that's just as good if not better.............

Good Luck
Huey

发表时间 Tue 18 Jan 11 @ 6:03 am
si1988uk wrote :

It seems the last reply on that thread was in November. Are there any updated threads regarding this issue that you know of?

Are you maybe looking at my registration date for the forum instead of the individual post date? there are three pages to the thread and there were posts in there just yesterday...

发表时间 Tue 18 Jan 11 @ 9:30 am
Haha Yes, Fail... Sorry, rushing about between forums and only flicked over the first date I saw =D.

发表时间 Tue 18 Jan 11 @ 10:05 am
In my experience with it, I feel that several things cause it too lock up. Its only happened to me about once or twice but the first time it stopped for a while when I switched from 2 deck to 4 deck and the second Im not sure about, it just happened last night.

DJ Mack

发表时间 Tue 18 Jan 11 @ 10:45 am
Ok, so last chance before I call Guitar Center and cancel this order.... STAY with the MC 6000 or CANCEL the order and get the NS6!!

发表时间 Tue 18 Jan 11 @ 3:46 pm
Definitely stay with the MC6000. It's really excellent and I've had it since 23rd December.

The midi issues don't affect all users and there will be a fix soon.

Denon units are far better quality than Numark anyway!

Keith

发表时间 Tue 18 Jan 11 @ 3:52 pm
Thanks for the vote, I know Denon makes great stuff and was looking forward to using the 6000, but I just cancelled my backorder. Gonna keep lugging around my NS7 for now... I need the exercise!

发表时间 Tue 18 Jan 11 @ 5:13 pm
splaoPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I also think that the issue is only with some controllers; a lot of them. I bought mine and it froze on me 4 times, I took it back and exchanged it for another one and I haven't had any problems since.

发表时间 Tue 18 Jan 11 @ 5:46 pm
30%