快速登录:  

Forum: Music discussion

话题: A little Pitch faders question

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hi everyone,
I have this basic problem and I can't find any satisfying way around it. Let me explain:
The auto-beat matching modifies the position of the pitch fader in Virtual DJ, but it doesn't modify (yet!) the position of the physical fader on the RMX console. Therefore during the mix, the positions of the virtual fader and the physical fader can be very different. So if I want to manually modify the speed of a track at any given time, first I have to "catch" the position of the virtual fader with the physical fader, which results in a very unpleasant modification of the track's speed, even if it doesn't last more than 2 seconds, until both faders match. So: is there any trick or option to correlate more closely the physical and virtual faders?
I hope it's understandable and I thank you in advance for your tips!

发表时间 Thu 11 Nov 10 @ 10:59 am
no dj controllers are able to do that, that I can think of anyway... a feature like that would increase the price of the controller by at least $200 taking it out of the price range of their target consumers... The only way I can think of to work around it being out, is to reset the fader and vdj to zero everytime you start a track.. it's probably as easy as moving the pitch fader to the middle and setting a button for each deck to reset the pitch but it makes me think, if you are using the sync button why are you worrying about the pitch fader, the other way to do it is to just use the fader and beatmatch by ear, it takes some practice at first, but once you get it you won't even think of how to beatmatch, it will just happen instinctively.

发表时间 Fri 12 Nov 10 @ 3:12 am
Thanks for your answer. Yeah I know it would cost more, but to have knobs and faders software-controlled is something I would pay for.
To answer your questions:
- using the sync is one thing, but if you want to slightly increase or decrease the speed of a track, it's more precise by hand than with the mouse.
- beatmatching by ear is no problem (I also mix vinyls "the old way"), but imo when you use a new technology, better have this technology do something... new :)

发表时间 Fri 12 Nov 10 @ 3:50 am
fair call, I'm just afraid of technology ever since my toy robot tried to kill me when I was five... anything that's automated reminds me of that robot and should be destroyed before it has a chance to kill... i still use vinyl! LOL

发表时间 Sun 14 Nov 10 @ 1:53 am

发表时间 Sun 14 Nov 10 @ 3:46 am
rother used to be f@#king amazing, does he still make good choons, I haven't had a look for a while... maybe I should do that now

发表时间 Mon 15 Nov 10 @ 7:35 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)