快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: VD7 and voice - Page: 3

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

sunnekePRO (legacy)Member since 2010
Quoted by cstoll:

Clearly you guys are looking right past the obvious and trying to make it more complicated than it is.

What is so unclear about setting up Soundcard options as -

Input - Microphone
Output - 'What ever you normally chose'
Sound card - 'What ever you normally chose'

All you had to do from what you normally did with version 6 is select Microphone in the Input drop-down.

Then all you needed was to add a simple ON/OFF script for a keyboard shortcut to the VDJScript action -> mic

That is it. For those using a USB headset - what headset are you using ? So, I can look at the software setup for those and confirm that this would be still correct - which I am sure it is.

====================================================================================
Ummm... the developers made this way more complicated than it needed to be. V6 was dead easy .. line+mic on broadcat config. Could not have been simpler. Why in hells name do i need a script for on/off? I dont even know scripting and i dont particularly want to know scripting.
Does config need recording loopback ? Why wasnt the script part of installation? Why do i have to do this ? How do i do it ?

发表时间 Tue 19 Oct 10 @ 4:01 am
cstoll wrote :
So, then if your audio device isn't supported with ASIO drivers you use the Advance Config - right?

And in Advance Config - you select

Master - 'your sound card for output' - Output 1&2
Headphones - 'your sound card that your headphones are connected to' - Output 3&4
Microphone - 'your sound card that your microphone is connected to' - Input 1&2

So what are your cards you are using ?

When I go to advanced config I can select all the right channels as you have described above and I get ouput of sorts. The onboard soundcard for the master puts out music, but with a crackle, the USB soundcard (Behringer UCA202) plays cue perfectly, but the mic comes over the speakers with just crackle. No voice at all.

发表时间 Tue 19 Oct 10 @ 7:21 am
Noallegiance wrote :

When I go to advanced config I can select all the right channels as you have described above and I get ouput of sorts. The onboard soundcard for the master puts out music, but with a crackle, the USB soundcard (Behringer UCA202) plays cue perfectly, but the mic comes over the speakers with just crackle. No voice at all.

Same thing I get but different soundcard, I'm using a Maya44 and my onboard is a Realtek HD. It sound all robotic. Must be close though cause the sound is passing through.

Huey

发表时间 Tue 19 Oct 10 @ 7:30 am
Indeed.

I feel a release coming on...............if you see what I mean!

It's nothing to do with the channels as Audacity picks up my mic no problem.

发表时间 Tue 19 Oct 10 @ 7:45 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
What skins are people using ?

And, when I am wrong - I admit I am - ... so do this ...

Using the Advance Config set things up as I have outlined before ...

Master - 'Soundcard of choice' - Output 1&2
Headphones - 'Soundcard of choice' - Output 3&4
Microphone - 'Soundcard of choice' - Input 1&2

- use a 4 or 6 deck skin and assign a keyboard shortcut to the following - replace # with a deck number -

deck # line 'mic'

Use the volume fader for that deck to control volume. Does this work for you ?

I will continue to pursue why in some cases (not all) the use of a very basic soundcard has the pops and crackles. I have been using higher quality ASIO cards and the basic Input - Microphone works well. But using less expensive soundcards the basic 'Mic' option does have crackles.

发表时间 Tue 19 Oct 10 @ 3:57 pm

using LINE IN MIC is even better ;) you can apply effects, vocoder, reverb, etc ;)

Works like a charm here.. and gives great new possibilities ;)

you can even hot record to deck, and scratch and mix your voice "live" ;)

发表时间 Tue 19 Oct 10 @ 4:06 pm
well .. im no further forward.. im not sure what to do .. i dont see any official statement on this .... looks like im stuck with VDJ 6 for a while yet.

发表时间 Tue 19 Oct 10 @ 4:45 pm
No - official statement ?

You have to Atomix Staff giving you a way ahead ... and yes, I was wrong ...

So, how about explain what you are still having problems with instead of just leaving everything hanging.

发表时间 Tue 19 Oct 10 @ 7:02 pm
Ok I get the mic to pass through but the program has no effect on it. Heres what you said to do

Just like you said, I even mapped a key with "DECK 4 LINE 'MIC'". Now I know when using rewire the window will say "LINE IN" when active but when I hit the key nothing shows up and my MIC stays on no matter what. The volume knob for that deck has no effect what so ever. What am I doing wrong??

Thanks for the time and info thus far
Huey

发表时间 Tue 19 Oct 10 @ 9:25 pm
Damn typo! ;(

deck # linein 'mic'

LineIn not Line - sorry

发表时间 Tue 19 Oct 10 @ 11:56 pm
Well .. i stated in thread opener what problem was .. and there seems to be no definative solution here tom getting a simpel config to work .. VDJ7 with USB headset to broadcast to internet ... and seems that a lot of ppl are having similar issues.. I have tried all different combinations in sound setup without success..
So .. either documentation is not adequate or VDJ 7 has a problem. To me it sounds like VDJ has isssue .. Broadcast config in VDJ6 was simple .. why did u change it ?
Am i missing script ? I have no idea .. tbh .. i shouildnt even need to do that ...

发表时间 Wed 20 Oct 10 @ 12:08 am
sunneke wrote :

To me it sounds like VDJ has isssue .. Broadcast config in VDJ6 was simple .. why did u change it ?

Reason is this..
With VirtualDJ 6 the software had NO support for mic or line in.
It ONLY worked in broadcast, and yes, it was easy there, but you couldnt use mic or line in otherwise in VDJ (directly).

With VirtualDJ7 mic and line in are NEW FEATURES, with awesome use..
- You can play any live sources (line in or mic) at a deck in VirtualDJ, with BPM reading, apply effects, sync and beatmatch to it etc.
- You can hot record any live sources (line in or mic) directly to a deck on the fly, then play it back, scratch it, apply effects etc etc.

So, when mic and line in is now advanced features of VirtualDJ, the simple broadcast of VirtualDJ6 needed to change (because Line in and Mic are in v7 used differently).

But, that being said, its just NEW, when you learn it, it is as easy as before ..

I will post up 2 very simple ways WITH photos later today, so that everyone can see and understand ;) Its been too much confusion on this subject already ;)

发表时间 Wed 20 Oct 10 @ 12:26 am
Well that sounds all wonderful, but as for the fact in my case the advanced config dont work, the mic sounds horrible or is just quiet.

It works only in the usual konfig with these settings.

Input - Micro
Output - Speakers
Driver - ASIO (and here is the problem for most i guess)

In VDJ 6 you didnt need ASIO for using the mic on broadcasting!!

Mine works fine now after i found how to come into the asio settings of my soundcard, but the usability is far away form being easy now or?!

发表时间 Wed 20 Oct 10 @ 3:52 am
dj-in-norway , I am hoping that whatever pics or examples are directed towards USB inputs .. i am not using soundcard ...

发表时间 Wed 20 Oct 10 @ 7:26 am
Hi there.

Below is a screeshot of my usual setup:

Here is how it looks if I select Mic input - I can no longer use 2 soundcards

And here is the Advanced Config setup that has all the channels correct, but fuzz over the music in master output and total buzz from mic input. It\'s not the ports or channels. Audacity picks up my mic just fine.

发表时间 Wed 20 Oct 10 @ 8:18 am
Wow well that worked a treat

发表时间 Wed 20 Oct 10 @ 8:19 am
Just received from support:

We have determined that their is a problem with the simple 'mic' option when not using ASIO compatible sound cards.
For now, if you wish to use the Mic with your setup - you will need to use a multi-deck skin and assign the microphone to a deck.
Also, I just looked at what I sent you earlier and it should have been ...

Master - your built in sound card - Output 1&2
Headphones - Microsoft Lifechat LX-3000 - Output 1&2 << changed to 1&2
Microphone - Microsoft Lifechat LX-3000 - Input 1&2

Use a 4 or 6 deck skin and assign a keyboard shortcut to the following -
replace # with a deck number -
deck # linein 'mic'
Use the volume fader for that deck to control volume.

发表时间 Wed 20 Oct 10 @ 8:30 am
Ahhh well but we made things complicated ha?

o.O

发表时间 Wed 20 Oct 10 @ 10:17 am
Wow this really is incredibly poor. Mic assigned to deck 3. Mic on/off assigend to # key. Tried via line in and mic input and no sound from mic or cue. Plus, with the problem I've highlighted 4 times now being the fact that I need to be using 2 soundcards, selecting mic input or line input means I can't use 2 soundcards. So the setup doesn't work.

Quite straight forward. I need the basic setup drop downs to enable:

Mic input
2 soundcard output.

or the advanced config not to end up with buzzing noises.

So far, worst money I've spent on DJing.

发表时间 Wed 20 Oct 10 @ 11:04 am
Sod it. I've bought a VMS4. Problem solved.

Hope you other guys get sorted.

发表时间 Thu 21 Oct 10 @ 10:17 am
48%