快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: my laptop and hercules dj console rmx

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

bestroPRO InfinityMember since 2010
my laptop has dual core (2 ghz each) 320 gb h 1 gb ram is that enought 2 run the hercules rmx smoothly

发表时间 Mon 08 Mar 10 @ 1:21 pm
my laptop has dual core (2 ghz each) 320 gb hard drive 1 gb ram is that enought 2 run the hercules rmx smoothly

发表时间 Mon 08 Mar 10 @ 1:22 pm
what os r u running?

发表时间 Mon 08 Mar 10 @ 4:03 pm
windows xp

发表时间 Mon 08 Mar 10 @ 11:15 pm
u should try increasing ur RAM, 1gb is not enough

发表时间 Tue 09 Mar 10 @ 12:24 pm
1Gb should not be an issue...

Try playing with the performance slider in the config.

Cheers,

Roy

发表时间 Tue 09 Mar 10 @ 7:07 pm
maybe i will add 1 more gig.would that make my laptop run any quicker?

发表时间 Tue 09 Mar 10 @ 11:36 pm
Not necessarily.

Do you use your laptop for DJing only or is it also as your personal laptop for everything else?

Over time laptops/PCs can be comes bogged down as installed applications always want to put something in the startup which will slow things down over time. Plus, uninstalling software doesn't necessarily uninstall everything.

I have a "VDJ Only" partition that never gets touched unless I'm working. No software is ever installed (apart from new drivers/VDJ versions) and even then I will go back to a previous restore point rather than uninstalling to make sure things are gone for good. It doesn't even have A/V installed and the Firewall is turned off.

My other partition, gets wiped and re-built every 9 months to a year. Think of it like a car service. When you change your oil and filters, all the crud gets removed and your car performs a lot better. That's why I re-build every so often.

I often help friends with PC problems and its amazing when they get their machine back and say "What did you do? New RAM? Hard Drive?". They can't believe it's the same PC.

That's why a welll optimised laptop should not need more than 1Gb RAM if there is little else installed or running to grab the RAM/resources.

If you can't afford a dedicated laptop for DJing only, the next best thing is to dual boot your existing one and keep home use away from business.

Cheers,

Roy

发表时间 Wed 10 Mar 10 @ 6:53 am
use my laptop mainly 4 music.speaking about music i need another place 2 download music from because lime wire and bearshare r trying 2 infect my laptop.i will delete them both if i could get a desent place 2 download music from. zonealarm stay busy when lime wire is downloading songs. any help will do.

发表时间 Wed 10 Mar 10 @ 10:21 pm
bestro wrote :
use my laptop mainly 4 music.speaking about music i need another place 2 download music from because lime wire and bearshare r trying 2 infect my laptop.i will delete them both if i could get a desent place 2 download music from. zonealarm stay busy when lime wire is downloading songs. any help will do.

thing about limewire is you have to know how to use it w/o gettin a virus...
disable the ability to search for programs...
block all incoming connections with limewire with your firewall (i prefer Comodo firewall over zonealarm)
and when you search for songs, make sure you only dl those with a time signature (all the songs w/o time signatures are viruses)
and of course make sure your AV software is on and active just incase ;)

even with all of this its possible that a corrupt file will make it through...

so most people prefer to look for songs via youtube
and dl from there using the youtube ripper

发表时间 Wed 10 Mar 10 @ 10:54 pm
how do i do that and coul i use video from youtube with vdj

发表时间 Wed 10 Mar 10 @ 11:04 pm

发表时间 Wed 10 Mar 10 @ 11:16 pm
198 i got the ripper (thanks) but i still can figure how 2 rip .....help

发表时间 Thu 11 Mar 10 @ 1:47 am
I hope this is not turning in to a discussion on how to illegally obtain music...?

Roy

发表时间 Thu 11 Mar 10 @ 4:03 am
not at all.jut trying 2 get things going over here.

发表时间 Thu 11 Mar 10 @ 7:42 am
Boy! Why things have to get complicated? If its on you tube or other website and downloadable its UP FOR GRABS! or like a producer told me once "Ready to be Exploited?",Now Legal or Unlegal? what that? tell that to the people who ask me for Demos only to steal the main Idea of my song be it a new Style of music or whatever they could get directly from you (abviously done hit a button in me) So.... You Tube is where youll find every video and mp3 practically and you get something called "FREE STUDIO" with 21 free AVS applications most important the "You Tube Downloader" (for Videos) and the "You Tube to mp3 Downloader" for mp3 Plus File converters and Stuff..that package is Free.another Avs (AVS4You) package cost $ but comes with media player,Video editor ,Audio Editor and other great stuff and u can use this to "Tweak" those videos and mp3's if needed.. Also..Hunting for "Tracks" on you tube has the same 'Thrill" and excitment as searching for Beats at the Local Record Dj Store (Remember those?) its Fun!!

发表时间 Sat 13 Mar 10 @ 7:37 am
And as for the Laptop..get one more gig.when they made it, it was intended for you to upgrade eventually to 2gigs and thats why later they came with 2 gigs standard..cool? the hercules Rmx? best Deal around! period! now you can use it standalone,with your turntables (get 2 pieces of serato vinyl for cheap And get That Deal on the VDJ PRO (the only way to Go!) you'll be getting version 6.7 and then visit the forums so the guys can help you. thats it! Hey! get into "tweakin" and Editing those music files cause I got news for ya, ever since the start the Dj became a producer Not by "teakin" their FREAKIN Gear,But by Tweakin them Tracks! O.K.? So go gain some Knowledge and have FUN along the way! ...(the MASTERTRACKER has SPOKEN!) ...peace! ;-)

发表时间 Sat 13 Mar 10 @ 7:59 am
.i order the second gen vinyl already.im old school. 1 more gig cant hurt. thanks 4 the info.

发表时间 Sun 14 Mar 10 @ 12:22 am
well i got my rmx an it kool but i having a promble with the small delay when im scracthing.what could i do about that.

发表时间 Fri 19 Mar 10 @ 11:32 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)