快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: EKS OTUS - MIDI vs. HID

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

LudekPRO InfinityMember since 2005
.....native support of Virtual DJ 6 now means that Otus offers HID support that results in less latency, which delivers improved scratching functionality....

OK, if is there HID support, must I install MIDI driver for OTUS too?

If no, is there any advantage with installed MIDI driver?

Thanks..

发表时间 Wed 16 Dec 09 @ 1:43 pm
craighPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I got my Otus on Monday and have been trying to work out how to get it to play nicely with VDJ ever since.
In answer to your question about MIDI vs HID, as far as I can work out, MIDI is slightly slower, although I don't notice any greater lag running MIDI in Traktor as opposed to running HID in VDJ and I think that the majority of the lag is in the sound card (2ms on my machine) rather than the control interface. I think that HID supports bidirectional data meaning that the LEDs change when you do stuff while MIDI (at least in the VDJ implementation) only supports receiving data. Traktor achieves changing LEDs using MIDI but I don't know if this is done by sending MIDI to the Otus or whether the Otus does it by itself, independent of the software. HID has names for controls while MIDI has notes. For instance, the play button in HID is called "PLAY"and in MIDI, the play button is called "0-CC72" on the orange deck and "1-42" on the green deck (this may differ depending on your MIDI driver settings). MIDI has the advantage of being to modify the action of any control in the MIDI Agent but with HID, you are stuck with what Atomix or EKS decided that the controls should do.
I would recommend checking out the Pioneer thread on this forum as CDJ400s also uses HID or MIDI and there is a lot of information there.

Using the VDJ HID mapper, I find that the pitch control on my Otus looses sync with VDJ every time I change decks. I think this is happening because the HID mapper is seeing only one pitch control on the Otus and is not recognising the the two controls on the two layers. I am currently trying to map the Otus on MIDI and would appreciate it if someone has already done this and could give me a .XML file that works in V6.

Traktor LE came bundled with my Otus and once updated, it seems to work well with the Otus. I like the video support, Netsearch and waveforn readout (although I really should learn to Beatmatch by air) of Virtual DJ, so I don't want to use Traktor.

发表时间 Sat 09 Jan 10 @ 7:06 am
craighPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Oh, yea. My Otus worked with VDJ right out of the box, with no drivers installed so that confirms that it will work without the MIDI drivers. I don't know for sure if the MIDI drivers make HID work better but I doubt it. Unless you update the firmware of the Otus, in which case, doing so might improve HID control

发表时间 Sat 09 Jan 10 @ 7:10 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)