快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Stuttering sound

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

The drePRO InfinityMember since 2009
while playing at a gig i loaded a song and tried to play it...it was stutaring...it did that for quite a number of songs.. dont know wat is the problem now again...this is getting frustrating
dre.
Hercules rmx with virtual dj 5.2, HP Laptop (2008)

发表时间 Sun 29 Nov 09 @ 2:06 am
DazmaxPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hi mate

This can be caused by a number of different things. Can you give us information on how you have the cofig setup. Mainly the performances.

Is this happening all the time? Has this started after a change of hardware/software?

If you don't already do this make shure you shut down any programs/processes that you do not need. Watch out for virus scanners running auto scans and internet or WIFI services running.

The more info you can post the better.

Daz

发表时间 Sun 29 Nov 09 @ 6:42 am
check your performance settings
(presets: fastest as against quality and choose auto for latency.) Again, your laptop may be Hp 2008 but the specs may be quite low so kindly give info on the memory size, speed, etc.

发表时间 Sun 29 Nov 09 @ 6:52 am
thanks guys for ur response...i was so mad that i posted this last nite after the gig..lol...even ma spellings were wrong...
yea i have a HP and its got 2Gb Ram and 250Gb HDD....i put the performance of VDJ .... slided all the way to the left to Fastest, unchecked Safe Mode, Checked the OverClock, latency i got it on Auto, on the scratch i put it on Simple Algorithm, Basic Interpolation, and master tempo is on Fast. And i use this software called Game Booster to turn off all unnecessary programs while djing..... i really need your help cos i was thinking about the music not going down on me instead of good mixes.

发表时间 Sun 29 Nov 09 @ 8:53 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Please connect the console but do not open vdj
In the lower task bar there is a dj icon.
This will open the console control panel when clicked.
In that control panel there is a window to set the buffer.
Please raise it a little at at time and then open vdj until the freezing stops and the noises go away.

Default is 960, set it to 1056 or higher till the problem stops.

发表时间 Sun 29 Nov 09 @ 9:27 am
Thanks Rick

Have to remember that one.

Daz

发表时间 Sun 29 Nov 09 @ 2:01 pm
hey rick.. i got mine on 1056 (23rms) cos there was no 1024.....but please explain to me what does that do?...whats it for?....thanks
..the dre.

发表时间 Sun 29 Nov 09 @ 5:04 pm
Hi mate

I believe this adjusts how far ahead data is read and stored before being played. The larger buffer size lets the system store a littlle more information ahead of playing/using it. If there are any interuptions in the reading process these are evened out by this buffer and so the playback is continued without interuption.

Daz

发表时间 Sun 29 Nov 09 @ 10:56 pm
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
Dre:

You says your computer is from 2008, so if you have a good amount of RAM, you should be able to run a much lower ASIO buffer size. My Suggestions would be to start at 480 (10 ms). Use VDJ for a while to see if you notice any problem, then you can raise or lower the ASIO Buffer Size until you find the correct setting for your computer.

If you want to improve the performances of your computer, you may wan to apply the changes explained in this guide:

http://ts.hercules.com/faqs/eng/her_eng_00364.pdf

发表时间 Mon 30 Nov 09 @ 8:16 am
I have a question are u running master tempo, if so take it off this might help

发表时间 Mon 30 Nov 09 @ 5:27 pm
....how do i remove the Master Tempo ?

....If i decide to reduce the buffer size will it not lead to more stuttering of the sound?.... i thought increasing it will be the best way to go....

....another thing i noticed...when i connected to the amp and speakers at the club after some time the whole thing just froze and i had to restart the program to get it working normally again....that was so so embarrasing... I need real help with this...

发表时间 Mon 30 Nov 09 @ 10:31 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Well there seems to be lots of information here on this, but I am not here to argue.

The default is 960, that should tell you something.

And if you don't like crashing or problems in front of your audience, a licensed pro version is highly recommended so you have the latest version and not something that has been improved upon for good reason.

You get a 50% discount with a valid RMX serial which is pretty generous imo, I would take advantage of that when you can.

发表时间 Tue 01 Dec 09 @ 6:02 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)