快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Windows 7 Virtual DJ System requirements Question

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hi guys i have a Mini Dell optiplex 740 which i use for DJ,ing (Vinyl Timecodes) and karaoke (DMC2)

This computer has been very reliable and has got windows xp pro installed on it at the moment.

I am looking into installing the new windows 7 as i have my dell windows 7 disc ready to go on but just want to no a few questions.

1.Will i need to upgrade my system (as windows 7 will need more memory to run i guess see spec below).

2. With this being the second os released since xp i presume within there near future microsoft will stop supporting xp if so how long is atomix going to support there software with xp.

3. Any input from those using windows 7 would be a massive help (Basically im wondering weather to wait until has been out for a while).

My system specs are:-

AMD Athlon 64 2.6ghz dual core processors.

2Gb Dual channel memory.

low profile geforce video card (for second output for karaoke)

80gb hard drive (Windows and virtual DJ ONLY) and 2x 500gb usb hard drives.

发表时间 Fri 13 Nov 09 @ 9:29 am
Hi Rob,

1. Windows 7 will run perfectly well with 2gb. The footprint is very similar to XP (unlike Vista). If you're doing video then more RAM may be required but for audio and karaoke I would think 2gb will be fine.

2. I'll leave that for Atomix

3. I have upgraded my 3 year old Vaio with Windows 7 and it's really fast. I'm using VDJ 5.2 on it and it's absolutely brilliant. Bear in mind that windows 7 has been developed to run on netbooks with 1gb RAM and low powered processors so your spec should be fine.

You could always create an image of your current setup, so if it doesn't work out you can just restore to where you left off.

Keith

发表时间 Fri 13 Nov 09 @ 12:27 pm
Checkout my experience of upgrading to Windows 7 here

发表时间 Sat 14 Nov 09 @ 4:37 am
russgPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Will my Gateway NV79 laptop be able to run Virtual DJ?
It has an I3 processor which runs 2.13GHz
It has 4gb memory
64 bit.
500 gig hardrive
Running Windows 7

Thanks in advance for your reply

发表时间 Sun 09 Mar 14 @ 9:35 am

发表时间 Sun 09 Mar 14 @ 11:09 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)