快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Laptops Built for the DJ

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Are there any laptops out there built for the DJ? I know you can make just about any laptop work, and I have.... however are there any that are just made for the job? CPU chip is lowest possible latency, etc...

Are there any laptop series by HP, Dell, etc... for a DJ? Does the "multimedia" line really translate to "DJ?"

I have been tempted by the Apple a few things..... but then I see plenty having sound issues there. I am just not crazy about the OS and W7 promises to give OS Snow Leopard a run for its money. What it comes down to is Apple just uses high end components, which you can find in high end PCs. The question is... what should you be looking for in a laptop to know it is going to be optimal for Live Music and Media?

发表时间 Mon 12 Oct 09 @ 7:28 pm
No, I don't think so. But remember you get what you pay for.

People use Macs because it is the best solution 99.9% of the time. There isn't one person who has a mac and does not appreciate the performance.

I don't think there is a laptop built ESPECIALLY for DJ purposes (like latency performance). However, I'm pretty sure if you look at the specs, you can get the best performance possible.

In a laptop you want a VERY GOOD PROCESSOR (lots of GHz like 2-3), and lots of RAM (2-6 GB).

My suggestion is a Sony VAIO. It is not a mac, but it is a very nice laptop and can give you the impression of a MAC. It is very slim, performs great and has a light up keyboard (i like keyboards that light up, lol). That is one laptop that you can look into.

My second suggestion is a Macbook Pro. Yup, i said it. Remember you get what you pay for. And if you want something that last long and performs amazing, consider this laptop! Consider it as being on the safe side.

At the end of the day, its all about the specs. Look into specs like processor and memory and stuff, and you should be fine. No there isn't a laptop built for the DJ but there are stuff close to it.

I hope you get better help from a moderator like TearItUp or djcity. I'm pretty young (a kid) but here is my suggestion.

Hope it helps!!

发表时间 Mon 12 Oct 09 @ 8:58 pm
Thanks buddy. I work in IT, so I understand specifications and such... However I am not so deep I understand the differences between the chip sets and such in processors... which does seem to make the difference on the performance of the CPU.

I guess if I do go Mac, I can always run bootcamp and install say XP, Vista, or W7. I always ponder when people say they are running bootcamp on a MAC, that just makes me think "emulation mode" for some reason... but maybe bootcamp is just the PC comparable to boot menu. :)

发表时间 Mon 12 Oct 09 @ 9:37 pm
I just Installed windows 7 on my dell 1525 and i compared performance between my macbook and my dell and i acutally got better performance from my dell keep in mind my dell has 4 gb ram 1.86ghz processor my mac has 2.18ghz processor and 4gb ram

when i was running video on my dell i only had 23% cpu usage

and on the mac 35% usage

music was like :dell 2%

Mac 8 - 14%

so you do the math windows 7 is the way to go and much easier to learn than a mac i think iam gonna sell my mac for $900 and make some money

i hope that helped

:)

发表时间 Tue 13 Oct 09 @ 1:08 am
fat0n3Home userMember since 2008
you can look up diy lappys from ocz or anyplace like that (as barebones) then you can install whatever os you would wanna use, im gonna go that route (ocz) quad duo 6gb mem a 128ssd and 500gb sata drive and be done, the only reason im going that way is for dual hard drives.

but its all in how hard you wanna look for stuff and your budget

发表时间 Tue 13 Oct 09 @ 8:15 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)