快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Hidden Songs

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

mp3jackPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Where do I go to unhide songs? I have tried the Add to Database, Recurse, clean, fix and check, but I still have 192 present but hidden from search. It appears by accident they were placed on the invisable list.

发表时间 Wed 26 Aug 09 @ 12:39 pm
DJmgaPRO InfinityMember since 2009
If you right-click on the highest level folder on your drive containing your music, and select "Add to search DB" they should be added to your database.

If you can't track down the "hidden" files, setup a filter folder with "insearchdb=0". This will list your tracks that are in your database but hidden from Search. Check the file info on each track to see exactly where they are. They may, for example, be listed as being on an external drive that's no longer connected.

发表时间 Wed 26 Aug 09 @ 1:18 pm
I did what you asked. It seems an entire playlist was sent to the other side. How do I take and bring these songs back?

发表时间 Wed 26 Aug 09 @ 2:59 pm
I find that lots of times, when I plug in my external drive, the computer changes the drive letter to something different than what is in the database. For instance, the database will say that a certain file is in G:/DJMusic/etc....But when I actually plug the drive in, it is assigned the letter H. So I go to a playlist to load a song, and get an error, and it says file does not exist.

What I have to do is right-click on 'My Computer', click manage, then click Disk Management. Then right click on the drive in question, and click 'Change Drive Letter and Paths'.

Don't know if this would actually help solve your specific problem, but it sounds like it COULD....*shrug*

发表时间 Wed 26 Aug 09 @ 3:54 pm
You know what....I'm giddy off these pain-killers I've been taking for my back, and mis-read the actual problem. Doesn't sound like what I just posted would actually help your specific situation, but still good info to know.

发表时间 Wed 26 Aug 09 @ 3:55 pm
I was reading and thought, "hmmm, nope not my issue." I have ran into that issue though when using an external drive and in my case the drive letter depends on which USB port I plug into or what other things I have plugged in. The weird thing in that is the main database works fine since it comes from the external drive, but playlists completely get disconnected. You never know if the drive is connect right until you go to a playlist and it craps out. You would have thought they would have placed the play lists on the exterenal drive so they are also portable. Hmm...

Back to my issue. I have a mixed bunch of songs that appear to be from an old playlist that were set to hidden. I need to bring them back from the darkness...

Anyone... Beuler.... anyone?

发表时间 Wed 26 Aug 09 @ 4:34 pm
I'm confused! When you say an entire playlist was "sent to the other side", what exactly do you mean? Did the drive designation change or what? When you look at the file info for a specific track that's hidden, does the track's path (FilePath) correspond to where it's actually located?

发表时间 Wed 26 Aug 09 @ 5:34 pm
In other words. A mixed up list of songs are now designated hidden and the almost mirror one of my history lists from a past show. It's as if somehow all the songs from a past event have been switched to hidden. I could go through one at a time and switch them back, since the program refuses to reset them from the root directory or I am trying to find another workaround.

发表时间 Thu 27 Aug 09 @ 12:04 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
A bit confused on this, but if playlist files are no longer active the path is probably broken or incorrect.

Do this, when you load up the playlist, the entries that are broken are usually marked with a yellow icon.
Right click on this file and see what the path is, ie: drive letter is wrong, taking note of what is should be.

If it is wrong, the playlist can be fixed quite easily.
Open the m3u playlist with notepad.
Then find the drive letter that needs to be changed, lets take D:\AT\Joan Jett - I love Rock & Roll.vob
That track is now on drive f.

At the top of the page select edit and then find and then load replace d:\ character with f:\ character and replace all.
This will change the paths of all of the songs in that playlist that have been moved or lost etc...with the correct drive location.

发表时间 Thu 27 Aug 09 @ 10:34 am
Rick the songs that are in the hidden list are regular songs that I play at all my events and have never been played from anywhere but the drive I have connected that always has the same letter. One night they just disappeared out of the search and now I allpied the filter I can see they were hidden for some unknown reason.

发表时间 Thu 27 Aug 09 @ 8:33 pm
mp3jack wrote :
Rick the songs that are in the hidden list are regular songs that I play at all my events and have never been played from anywhere but the drive I have connected that always has the same letter. One night they just disappeared out of the search and now I allpied the filter I can see they were hidden for some unknown reason.

This has also happened to me. It is one of those major database integrity issues i think (really really hope) they are working on?

发表时间 Fri 28 Aug 09 @ 1:04 am
mp3jack wrote :
Where do I go to unhide songs? I have tried the Add to Database, Recurse, clean, fix and check, but I still have 192 present but hidden from search. It appears by accident they were placed on the invisable list.

What is the invisiable list and where is it located.
Are all of these songs on the same playlist?
This is why I whould it was path related.

mp3jack wrote :
I did what you asked. It seems an entire playlist was sent to the other side. How do I take and bring these songs back?

What do you mean the "other side", where exactly are these now?

mp3jack wrote :
I was reading and thought, "hmmm, nope not my issue." I have ran into that issue though when using an external drive and in my case the drive letter depends on which USB port I plug into or what other things I have plugged in. The weird thing in that is the main database works fine since it comes from the external drive, but playlists completely get disconnected. You never know if the drive is connect right until you go to a playlist and it craps out. You would have thought they would have placed the play lists on the exterenal drive so they are also portable. Hmm...

Back to my issue. I have a mixed bunch of songs that appear to be from an old playlist that were set to hidden. I need to bring them back from the darkness...

Anyone... Beuler.... anyone?

It shouldn't matter what usb port you plug a hard drive into, windows will still see it as the drive remembering the letter.

So you are saying that these files will not play from the playlist but will play from the database?

As far as playlist location, many of use multiple drives which would be a problem with keeping them on the external drives.
What you CAN do is save the playlist folder to the drive and then navigate to the drive/s if you put a copy on each drive.
Then will still show up regardless of where you have them providing you navigate there and don't use the default playlist location.

发表时间 Fri 28 Aug 09 @ 9:39 am
mp3jrick wrote :

What do you mean the "other side", where exactly are these now?

I mean they are hidden from the database.

mp3jack wrote :
It shouldn't matter what usb port you plug a hard drive into, windows will still see it as the drive remembering the letter.
Oh but it does. When a removable drive (USB flash drive, flash card reader, portable hard drive) is attached for the first time, Windows mounts it to the first available 'local' drive letter. If for some reason it does not find that drive letter to be available at the time of the attachment it will assign the next available one. I can pull a drive and then plug it in another port and get a different drive letter. On my system I use drive E, that same drive will come up as F in a different usb port and moving from one computer to another it's the same way.

mp3jack wrote :
So you are saying that these files will not play from the playlist but will play from the database?
What I am saying is I can find them and play them directly from the drive, but when I search can not find them in the database, hense they are hidden.

mp3jack wrote :
As far as playlist location, many of use multiple drives which would be a problem with keeping them on the external drives.
What you CAN do is save the playlist folder to the drive and then navigate to the drive/s if you put a copy on each drive.
Then will still show up regardless of where you have them providing you navigate there and don't use the default playlist location.
In the future this might need to be another option to add. Have a local playlist set and a portable one.

I have managed to go through by hand and place all the songs back in the database. it was a PITA, but I had time.

Now the next question is. When you have your drive organized and add music each week to all the respective folders, how can you get VDJ to add those songs to the datbase without having to go to each seperate directory and tell it to add them? I know currently jsut going to the root of the drive and using add to database does not work.

发表时间 Fri 28 Aug 09 @ 3:13 pm

mp3jack wrote :
Oh but it does. When a removable drive (USB flash drive, flash card reader, portable hard drive) is attached for the first time, Windows mounts it to the first available 'local' drive letter. If for some reason it does not find that drive letter to be available at the time of the attachment it will assign the next available one. I can pull a drive and then plug it in another port and get a different drive letter. On my system I use drive E, that same drive will come up as F in a different usb port and moving from one computer to another it's the same way.

Yes, the first time and naturally a different computer is going to assign a different random or sequential number but should remember it thereafter. Now if you pick a low letter and it gets bounced on another system that has 8 native devices for storage this may happen, so pick a higher letter that will be available on other machines also.

mp3jack wrote :
What I am saying is I can find them and play them directly from the drive, but when I search can not find them in the database, hense they are hidden.

mp3jack wrote :
In the future this might need to be another option to add. Have a local playlist set and a portable one.

I have managed to go through by hand and place all the songs back in the database. it was a PITA, but I had time.

Now the next question is. When you have your drive organized and add music each week to all the respective folders, how can you get VDJ to add those songs to the datbase without having to go to each seperate directory and tell it to add them? I know currently jsut going to the root of the drive and using add to database does not work.

In config/browser select Search Database and "add automatically" and the files will appear without having to add manually

发表时间 Fri 28 Aug 09 @ 5:10 pm
mp3jack wrote :

...I know currently jsut going to the root of the drive and using add to database does not work.

Actually, for most people, this does work. Certainly always works for me :-).

mp3jrick wrote :

In config/browser select Search Database and "add automatically" and the files will appear without having to add manually

There are some circumstances where you may want to add tracks manually. Example, where you might be losing some BPM info when adding lots of tracks. But, if this happens to you, just let us know and we'll point you a (CSTOLL) way to do this with minimal impact ;-), otherwise you're better off adding automatically as mp3jrick said, IMHO.

发表时间 Fri 28 Aug 09 @ 10:42 pm
DJmga wrote :
mp3jack wrote :

...I know currently jsut going to the root of the drive and using add to database does not work.

Actually, for most people, this does work. Certainly always works for me :-).

mp3jrick wrote :

There are some circumstances where you may want to add tracks manually. Example, where you might be losing some BPM info when adding lots of tracks. But, if this happens to you, just let us know and we'll point you a (CSTOLL) way to do this with minimal impact ;-), otherwise you're better off adding automatically as mp3jrick said, IMHO.

Yeah, But, I've tried ALL the work-arounds and it is still quite clear that the database continues to lose info mysteriously (as many others have also reported). And i have spoken to many others who have not bothered to repeat these complaints, but just wait, and all have said the database has serious errors and NEEDS to be fixed.

发表时间 Sat 29 Aug 09 @ 12:53 am
I was really surprised that 6.02 didn't even address the issue of anything about the obvious quirks going on with the database.

发表时间 Mon 31 Aug 09 @ 12:54 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)