快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Making the jump to timecode using the RMX

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

spc5000PRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hey All,

I've been using VDJ with a Hercules RMX controller for over a year now and I want to hook up my 1210's to get to grips with using timecode vinyls.

My question is about hardware. Will my RMX be suitable in the time code setup or do I need to go out and buy something like the DEEJAY Trim interface as shown on the official site?

If there are any RMX users out there with tips or with similar set-up, please let me know the best way forward.

Cheers

Simon

发表时间 Mon 10 Aug 09 @ 11:01 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

You could go for the Trim when it becomes available, but the RMX and soundcard in it would do you just fine.

All you would have to do is connect your 1210's to the inputs on the RMX and config VirtualDJ to use timecodes, and away you go. Also with using your RMX you wouldn't need a external mixer.

I've only tried it once and it was fine.

发表时间 Mon 10 Aug 09 @ 11:06 am
spc5000PRO InfinityMember since 2007
Cool, Thanks Jimmy :)

发表时间 Mon 10 Aug 09 @ 11:09 am
Working vey good for me

发表时间 Mon 10 Aug 09 @ 1:17 pm
radiofcPRO InfinityMember since 2006
sorry if this is a really obvious question but can you use normal vinyl on one deck and have a time code on the other and mix by ear the normal vinyl track and a time code driven mp3? what I am inferring here is really can you use the record player as it was originally intended once it has been configured through the RMX and have its sound come through the soundcard on the RMX to your external PA? cheers

发表时间 Thu 10 Sep 09 @ 9:56 am
radiofc wrote :
sorry if this is a really obvious question but can you use normal vinyl on one deck and have a time code on the other and mix by ear the normal vinyl track and a time code driven mp3? what I am inferring here is really can you use the record player as it was originally intended once it has been configured through the RMX and have its sound come through the soundcard on the RMX to your external PA? cheers

Nope...

发表时间 Fri 11 Sep 09 @ 11:02 am
Djmadman73 wrote :
radiofc wrote :

Nope...

Well, there is a bypass feature with in VirtualDJ which will allow you to play "normal" vinyl. Don't know if it will work though the RMX soundcard. I can't see why it shouldn't. It worked pretty good when I tried it with my old Maya44 soundcard.

All you would have to do is set a Keyboard shortcut for the action and try it out. There's no harm in trying :)

发表时间 Fri 11 Sep 09 @ 11:40 am
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
This is obviously possible:

- In the VDJ audio configuration, select the "Single timecode" and configure as usual

- Next, go back to the main interface and start you timecoded vinyl on one deck, and for the other, press the SOURCE button on the console to switch to the external source, in this case the other turntable (it would be the same procedure for a CD player or an iPod...).

发表时间 Fri 11 Sep 09 @ 1:36 pm
radiofcPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Thanks for the good responses folks. I'm going to hold fire for a little while before making the purchase(s) as I have an expensive few months coming up but hopefully in 2010 I can get motoring on this. Cheers.

发表时间 Fri 11 Sep 09 @ 7:22 pm
Is it Hercules DeeJey Trim 4x6 could work timecode vinyl playing via laptop with VDJ or Traktor for example, like Audio 4 DJ work with traktor pro - timecode vinyl

发表时间 Sun 13 Sep 09 @ 12:03 pm

Yes, you will be able to use timecodes with the Hercules Trim

发表时间 Sun 13 Sep 09 @ 12:05 pm
And can i use for making music with Ableton Live cause there also need a proper sound card to do this

发表时间 Sun 13 Sep 09 @ 5:13 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)