快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Anybody using 6.01 at gigs? - Page: 4

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
deanthomas101 wrote :
3) Into my third song I tried to sync the two tracks together and all hell broke loose. Every track I played after that was playing way too slow (half of it's original speed). I could get the track playing back to it original speed when I loaded the other deck, but that only worked sometimes. I had to fall back on my cd's...that pissed me off!

So what pitch range do you use ? If you use a large pitch range and use sync and do not have the 'Auto Pitch Matching' set to Disabled ... the every track you load will match the currently playing track ... Disable this option the Confg -> Options tab. Also, you might want to Enable the Pitch Reset on Load option.

bryantpb wrote :
but they don't seem to listen to what I say any more anyway. In fact, I still had problems with my database last night. I opened up VDJ and lost two (2) Virtual folders and over 100 songs bpm info on top of that.

The loss of visibility of Virtual Folders does not lose BPM info ...

发表时间 Sun 13 Sep 09 @ 2:20 am
deanthomas101 wrote :

I love VDJ, but if it is not stable whats the point of using it for live gigs?

I,ve been using VDJ for over 3 years now, over 200 gigs.
Never had a crash, always worked perfect!!!
Have an issue now with Numark NS7, but that is the controller and not VDJ.(Using HC 4500 until the problem is solved)
Always used Macbook Pro w/ bootcamp and XP.
I don,t understand all the problems i read here at the forum??????

发表时间 Sun 13 Sep 09 @ 4:53 pm
I've only gotten crash guard 1 time. It happened during a karaoke song and to my surmprize the audio and karaoke monitor where not affected. It also continued to auto play next song on list, so I had plent of time to que up my back up computer. I reboot my system and haven't seen the problem since. I love VDJ, if this had been my other software it just would have froze and there would be dead silence for as long as it take me to hit play on back up comp and hit fader.

发表时间 Sun 13 Sep 09 @ 5:21 pm
cstoll wrote :

The loss of visibility of Virtual Folders does not lose BPM info ...

I understand that. What I meant to say is that there were approx. 100 songs that had loss their bpm info, etc., as it is not unusual for some of us to lose bpm data on 6 to 12 songs on a random basis. This time was particularly tragic, I had lost 100 pieces of data, however, in addition to that, I had also lost visibility of two virtual folders. I understand that they may be separate events that just happened to occur on the same day. I just want to make sure this info is collected and hopefully evaluated. Basically, it is the bpm loss of info that happens more regularly, and once in a while, a loss of a virtual folder.

Also, in a separate post (hope you saw it). I mentioned that it seems to happen after I use a usb drive and turn on VDJ and transfer files using VDJ's workings. Something about having "two" databases from two different drives at the same time. Sounds weird, I know. My alternate "new" approach to adding songs is "leave VDJ off" and "transfer files from usb drive to main folders" not using VDJ. I've been doing this for a week with no occurnces yet.

What do you think?

发表时间 Mon 14 Sep 09 @ 2:01 pm
DJmgaPRO InfinityMember since 2009
bryantpb wrote :

My alternate "new" approach to adding songs is "leave VDJ off" and "transfer files from usb drive to main folders" not using VDJ. I've been doing this for a week with no occurnces yet.

So, I assume you're adding manually to VDJ? This approach definitely works better for me. However, I still see the odd old track showing-up with missing BPM info. The number of tracks that lose BPM info seems proportional to the number of new tracks I add. If I add 2 or 3 CDs at a time, no problem (doing the Fix/Check/Clean thing after each add). If I add 5 or 6 CDs at a time, problems!!

Have you added tracks in large volumes using this approach?

发表时间 Mon 14 Sep 09 @ 3:58 pm
Not yet, but I will be soon. Maybe we're on to something here. I really, really hope someone on the VDJ end is on here listening but also, taking notes.

发表时间 Mon 14 Sep 09 @ 10:45 pm
oncuedjPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Version 6 crashed on me for the last time this weekend. I went back to V5.

发表时间 Mon 28 Sep 09 @ 1:03 pm
I upgraded my laptop to Window 7 Ultimate 64bit (because I use a macbook with bootcamp) and I have not had ONE issue to date. I've been playing clubs consistently every weekend for at least a month now with no problems what so ever. I had a couple issues with 6.01 while using XP...those issues went away with the upgrade to windows 7 and 6.02....I'm very pleased!

发表时间 Thu 01 Oct 09 @ 12:45 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I have been using VirtualDJ for almost 4years live at at weddings and events. No crash, never !!! Believe it...it's true,not a glitch!

But i'm currently using 5.2 because ver 6.01 & 6.02 are not supporting unicode playlists. I use a lot of playlists for my events, and since i am from Greece (files with unicoded characters) the problem is big for me. I hope next update will help us out (Greeks and others).

发表时间 Thu 01 Oct 09 @ 3:17 pm
You guys are lucky. We can't use Netsearch in Canada because AVLA is against it. An awesome tool, but only if you're able to use it! ;)

发表时间 Sat 24 Oct 09 @ 6:03 pm
Anyone else having problems with their NS7 dropping levels when the platters spin????

发表时间 Sat 24 Oct 09 @ 6:05 pm
DopeBoyz wrote :
You guys are lucky. We can't use Netsearch in Canada because AVLA is against it. An awesome tool, but only if you're able to use it! ;)

what?
who told you that.?
I'd be surprised if AVLA has even heard of Netsearch.
Even if they have.. It doesnt mean YOUR breaking any copywrite laws..
As far as I understand it.. NETSEARCH works by taking songs and videos that are already posted on the internet..

sooo.. If you opened up your webbrowser and started playing a youtube video, are you breaking any copywrite laws? NO..
SOCAN violations? maybe.. I have no clue on what SOCAN feels about re-broadcasting YouTube videos.

发表时间 Tue 27 Oct 09 @ 3:42 pm
djswollPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Software is Great but the vinyl time code support in the new versions almost makes me want to convert to serato!

Can anyone make the vinyl timecode as reliable as Serato?

发表时间 Wed 28 Oct 09 @ 6:59 pm
I guess I am lucky.. I had an issue with the time code drifting in version 6 but the latest version update seemed to resolve it. It hasnt crashed at all.. I guess it all depends what you have running in the background. I am running XP with no network cards active, nbo anti-virus, no anti-spyware nada. most non-essential things turned off. I also have a maya 44 USB and a 1TB usb hard drive... I use the time code and so far no issues with sound quality, samples playing slow. NADA... I guess I am lucky... I have been using VDJ since V3 without any issues.. I have used 6 at some weddings and parties ... nothing has crashed!

发表时间 Wed 28 Oct 09 @ 8:12 pm
djswoll wrote :
Software is Great but the vinyl time code support in the new versions almost makes me want to convert to serato!

what are you talking about???? I use the VDJ and timecode without any issues....

I dont get all of these errors people have. Maybe your software itsnt configured correctly? maybe background applications are running?

发表时间 Wed 28 Oct 09 @ 8:14 pm
ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
DJmga wrote :
bryantpb wrote :

My alternate "new" approach to adding songs is "leave VDJ off" and "transfer files from usb drive to main folders" not using VDJ. I've been doing this for a week with no occurnces yet.

So, I assume you're adding manually to VDJ? This approach definitely works better for me. However, I still see the odd old track showing-up with missing BPM info. The number of tracks that lose BPM info seems proportional to the number of new tracks I add. If I add 2 or 3 CDs at a time, no problem (doing the Fix/Check/Clean thing after each add). If I add 5 or 6 CDs at a time, problems!!

Have you added tracks in large volumes using this approach?

Every now and then this happens to me. Some old tracks just lose their extended info and need a rescan to populate the fields.

Not a weekly thing for me, thank goodness.

发表时间 Thu 29 Oct 09 @ 9:58 am
djswollPRO InfinityMember since 2006
djqwikcut wrote :
djswoll wrote :

what are you talking about???? I use the VDJ and timecode without any issues....

I dont get all of these errors people have. Maybe your software itsnt configured correctly? maybe background applications are running?

Are you actually using the Timecode Vinyl not the timecode CDs. The timecode cds works great, it s the timecode vinyl that goes in and out. I'm using vista 32bit. I believe all configurations a correct. I have not added a service pack 2 for vista yet.

发表时间 Thu 29 Oct 09 @ 11:38 am
NVPFilmPRO InfinityMember since 2009
i did my first gig back in april for 2 of my friends birthday bash. and another friends birthday in june. both times vdj pro 5 froze and quit on me 3 times during the night. i had my ipod on standby. i got a gig at a elementary school in may for a end of the year dance for the 5th and 6th graders since they havent had a dance in a long time. while setting up, vdj quit on me a couple times. i resorted to using cue le 5.0 for that gig in order to make a good first impression. they liked it and invited me back for their halloween dance. my last two gigs ive used vdj 6.01. no major problems. music would freeze when i would load a song to the deck or try to preview a song but would continue after a second or less.

发表时间 Fri 30 Oct 09 @ 4:59 am
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Don't buy these new fangled high end laptops to run VDJ. I will bet everyone that has a smooth running VDJ setup is NOT running a super powered laptop. I'm not.....HP $799. NEVER CRASHES!!!

发表时间 Fri 30 Oct 09 @ 5:52 pm
mpezzella wrote :
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Don't buy these new fangled high end laptops to run VDJ. I will bet everyone that has a smooth running VDJ setup is NOT running a super powered laptop. I'm not.....HP $799. NEVER CRASHES!!!

There is database issues tbat the team seems to ignore.

发表时间 Sat 31 Oct 09 @ 1:45 am
99%