快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Hercules RMX and Serato SL1

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hey Guys just got a big gig for saturday night and I am kind of in a bind here. The club I am working at has two technique 1200 TT's and a Rane 57 mixer. I was debating what I should do here, I have limited it down to two things.

1) Purchase a Hercules RMX to avoid having any timecode issues.
Question - Can you use 1 channel for mixing? I know on my old Numark Total control isntead of having to use up two channels the internal mixer on the controller allowed you to only need 1 RCA cable from your IO straight to the clubs mixer. Thoughts on this mixer....also I see it has two inputs, can you run timecodes with the RMX and use it as a soundcard?

2)Purchase serato SL1 and virtual DJ vinyls and pray this all works.

This would be the route I would like to go but I have never touched a turnable, I would imagine I can just use the pitch control on that, and slow the record/speed it up to sync the songs? My fear with this is making a rook mistake becaue I have no clue how to use the damn thing and I heard mixed thoughts on virtuals timecoded solution. It would be nice to look more professional using the turntable to beat match and all but has anyone actually tested Virtual DJ 6.0 with 1200's, the virtual DJ timecoded vinyls with the SL1 box? Opinions please.

发表时间 Wed 29 Jul 09 @ 8:38 pm
im with you on this one...just got my TT 1200 and thinking of getting sl1, ill keep my rmx as a back up..im still building myTT..let me know how it goes... i might take your route......

发表时间 Thu 30 Jul 09 @ 3:13 am
I can't offer advice as I have no experience with timecode.

I have just given away my RMX because I wore it out travelling and am now looking for a box to use in the clubs with their setups - DJM 800 and CDJ's, I would like to know what to go for? the Deejay trim is recommended on this site but I have no idea what the headphone and mic inputs are for! I know that sounds daft but don't you just use the ones on the mixer your linked into eg the DJM 800?

So recommendations needed for us 3 please everyone.

发表时间 Thu 30 Jul 09 @ 3:23 am
The inputs on that soundcard are probably for if you were just using a midi controller such as the DMC 2 or the total control with no mixer. Same way you would use the DJIO really need some input here guys would appreciate it a lot

发表时间 Thu 30 Jul 09 @ 8:24 am
I have had my RMX for about 10 months now, and I love it. If you are not use to using turntable then I would suggest the RMX. It does have a built in sound card so if you decide to add turntable or cd decks later you can run them thru the RMX with timecode. And with the RMX, you do have two outputs so you can run one master out to the club's mixer and use the RMX for everything, or you can run Channel 1 (deck a) and Channel 2 (deck b) to the club's mixer and use the club's mixer for mixing. When I DJ with other DJ's, we each have our own setup, and it all runs to a master mixer. Usaully a four channel mixer. That way we can use that to fade between DJs and the DJ that is playing can use their own setup. No getting confused when using different gear. So like I said, the RMX would be my choice.

Now as for the DeeJay Trim, it is just a soundcard like the SL1 or SL3, it is just a soundcard that you can use to interface turntables or cd decks with your computer. Not sure why Hercules thought to put headphones and mic jacks and controls on it. Maybe they just wanted to add more feature then Serato has. From what I hear, the Trim had very good audio. I might have to look into it some more.
DJ Digital
Practice and Enjoy!!

发表时间 Thu 30 Jul 09 @ 8:36 am
Hi, Thanks for the input. I "myself" don't want to bypass the main mixer in favour for a RMX, I've already done this since owning VDJ but I'm now looking for a box so that I can use timecodes with the main mixer so I am looking for a soundcards only. I do not want to bypass the mixer for a cheap alternative.

发表时间 Thu 30 Jul 09 @ 8:49 am
angeldiaz wrote :
The inputs on that soundcard are probably for if you were just using a midi controller such as the DMC 2 or the total control with no mixer. Same way you would use the DJIO really need some input here guys would appreciate it a lot

Good point didn't think about this

发表时间 Thu 30 Jul 09 @ 8:50 am
actually that clears everything up for me very good info. So another words what your saying is I could set it up like this....

Run an rca jack from out put 1 to a line in a djm 800 to use the remix, and I can fade between two decks with only using 1 channel on the mixer.

plan b

Plug turntable A into input 1 on RMX and run output 1 to channel 1 on mixer
Plug turntable B into input 2 on RMX and run output 2 to channel 2 on mixer
keep my hercules plugged in and use that for looping, effects and sampiles all while using turntables...sounds like money in the bank to me!

发表时间 Thu 30 Jul 09 @ 8:54 am
Bujazism wrote :
I have had my RMX for about 10 months now, and I love it. If you are not use to using turntable then I would suggest the RMX. It does have a built in sound card so if you decide to add turntable or cd decks later you can run them thru the RMX with timecode. And with the RMX, you do have two outputs so you can run one master out to the club's mixer and use the RMX for everything, or you can run Channel 1 (deck a) and Channel 2 (deck b) to the club's mixer and use the club's mixer for mixing. When I DJ with other DJ's, we each have our own setup, and it all runs to a master mixer. Usaully a four channel mixer. That way we can use that to fade between DJs and the DJ that is playing can use their own setup. No getting confused when using different gear. So like I said, the RMX would be my choice.

Now as for the DeeJay Trim, it is just a soundcard like the SL1 or SL3, it is just a soundcard that you can use to interface turntables or cd decks with your computer. Not sure why Hercules thought to put headphones and mic jacks and controls on it. Maybe they just wanted to add more feature then Serato has. From what I hear, the Trim had very good audio. I might have to look into it some more.
DJ Digital
Practice and Enjoy!!

Can I use the same timecoded vinyls that came with my virtual vinyl? (box stopped working) Also have you tested this setup on VDJ 6.0

发表时间 Thu 30 Jul 09 @ 8:59 am
angeldiaz wrote :

Can I use the same timecoded vinyls that came with my virtual vinyl? (box stopped working) Also have you tested this setup on VDJ 6.0

You should be able to use the same timedcoded vinyls. I have tested it with VDJ 6.0 & CD decks (I love CDJ-1000MKII) and it works great. I normally just use the RMX to do everything, but my buddy uses cd decks plugged in to the RMX. And like mention earlier, he uses the RMX for Loops, samples, etc. All this does work in VDJ 6.0.
DJ Digital
Practice and Enjoy!!

发表时间 Thu 30 Jul 09 @ 10:17 am
Charlie Wilson wrote :
Hi, Thanks for the input. I "myself" don't want to bypass the main mixer in favour for a RMX, I've already done this since owning VDJ but I'm now looking for a box so that I can use timecodes with the main mixer so I am looking for a soundcards only. I do not want to bypass the mixer for a cheap alternative.

If you are just looking for a sound card, like I said, I hear the Trim is really good. I have not heard it personnly, but I have never once had an isssue with any of my Hercules gear, and with the release of the RMX and The DeeJay Trim, I get the feeling that Hercules wants to enter the digital djing world strong.
DJ Digital
Practice and Enjoy!!

发表时间 Thu 30 Jul 09 @ 10:20 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)