快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Denon HS5500 Time Code Setup Questions

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hey All,

Anyone out there using timecode setup with their Denon HS5500('s):

* Could you post your complete setup - connections, config settings etc...
* Short review of how it works - good points, bad points, limitations
* Any other recommendations?
* Any specific issues relating to mixing videos?

Would like to try and set this up this week and test it out.

Thank You,

Taipanic

VDJ 6.01
Denon HS5500 (1)
Korg Zero 4
Toshiba Satellite
Windows XP Pro

发表时间 Mon 27 Jul 09 @ 8:44 pm
I actually bought a Behringer U-CONTROL UCA-222 USB Audio Interface just to test it out with one player and it was great.
I downloaded the VDJ time code signal mp3 onto my flash drive and loaded the flash drive onto the DN-HS5500.

DN-HS5500 would not work very good with 6.1 and would make the CPU usage go way up so I ended going back to 5.2.1 and while the player (you can only use one on 5.2.1) did work good on the old trusted 5.2.1 I did notice that the spinning platter had some lag time, I wanted to improve on this and also be able to use both of my DN-HS5500 players so I figured I would just buy one of these cheap little sound cards to test out the theory and it worked great! The platter response was so amazing with time code on version 6.1, I didnt try it on 5.2.1 but on 6.1 it was great! So now I'm going to pick up an American Audio Versa port 4X4 sound card as a cheap solution till the Denon bug gets fixed on VDJ 6

The best point was the instant platter response using the time code signal, great for the scratch DJs. Im not a scratch DJ but I was just annoyed when I was trying to back cue a song and I had to wait a few secs for VDJ to catch up to my physical movements (Ver 5.2.1)

2nd best point is that You can use 2 DN-HS5500s at the same time

The bad part is that you loose all your midi controls on the DN-HS5500 but I just programmed my midi controls onto my Behringer DDM-4000 and problem solved.

If you have a Korg Zero for you will not need a sound card since the Zero 4 already comes with a firewire sound card built in right? and also you can program your Zero 4 with the MIDI commands you need so it should be pretty easy with your setup.

发表时间 Tue 28 Jul 09 @ 2:12 pm
I finally had some time to work on the Time Code setup (CD). The biggest issue I had was getting the Korg Zero4 mixer reconfigured to be able to read the TCCD.
I will post up a full summary once I have everything working right.
Here are the issues I still have:
* In the Time Code config I do not see a constant number for the quality of the connection. It jumps from 100% to zero to 100% to 32%, etc... the platter control seems to work pretty good though I do notice a bit of lag (or slippage) when moving the platter back & forth over a beat, there is a slight delay when trying to release the platter on beat.

If there are any other 5500 users out there using the Time code mp3s please post up any tweaks and configuration settings, for both VDJ and the controller that would help.

Thanks!

发表时间 Mon 03 Aug 09 @ 3:47 am
I ended up picking up a cheap used Hercules MK2 on ebay to use as my sound card. It should come in the mail later today so I will posting my results soon.

发表时间 Mon 03 Aug 09 @ 11:52 am
hey taipanic,
I'm currentlly using time code with these.
I have 2 hs5500s with a thumbdrive in each, with the timecode.
I also have the m-audio connectiv as the soundcard.
I have the behringer ddm4000, just as a mixer, not midi yet...
I have both decks on side A for the time code.

I have no problem with signal quality, and response is pretty tight, but there is a lag when matching up the beats, its very small and I think I've trained myself to mix with it. Its more of an issue if you mix visually but I try and listen to where I'm transitioning. Like someone said earlier, using them this way, has been really stable with 6.1 and whats good you can still use the brake, dump and reverse, and even the loops on the player. The bad no midi scrolling and no echo, flanger, filter. I use them on vdj or on the ddm4000.

I've also begun to organize all my music to use the players stand alone (yikes...no lappy and no software...I know) I don't have all the cues and loops and samples, and bells and whistles, but at least until there is a program that I feel 100% with and don't need timecodes, and extra sound cards and multiple tweaks, I need that peace of mind that I can still ram the dance.

With that said I'm confident Virtual DJ will be that program.

发表时间 Tue 11 Aug 09 @ 1:32 pm
Thanks, M-G,

That's pretty much where I am at, The biggest issue I have with the Time Code is the lag at the begining of the track. It is usable though, just have to adapt to the lag. I'm thinking there going to be some fixes soon, I know they are working on them.
I am going to try tweaking everything later this week when I am off and I will post any positive gains I find.

发表时间 Tue 11 Aug 09 @ 2:54 pm
I have been using my Hercules MK2 as my sound card for my Time Code setup. Its still not perfect, I need to keep messing with my ASIO sound settings because I keep hearing some cracking noises, I also notice that the player thats playing music sents to crack a lot when the other player is being cued up. Its just a matter of me messing with my Asio setting I just havent had to much time to do so. It was cool to be able to use the brake, dump and reverse effects on the denon players. You can also use the looing from the Denon players but I think VDJ internal looping is much better.

发表时间 Tue 11 Aug 09 @ 6:27 pm
oh, one other thing. I didn't notice any lag on my end but I will double check.

发表时间 Tue 11 Aug 09 @ 6:28 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)