快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Video loading problem at last nights gig

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Played for 3 1/4 hours last night then had a video loading problem.

Video was playing out of the right-hand player to a full dancefloor when I tried to load a video in the left player. It only loaded about the first 20 seconds visible on the stripe and wouldn't play. Tried loading an mp3, same problem, tried another video, same problem. As my other video was about to run out I had to revert to one of my backup CDs to keep the dancefloor going. I then shut down VirtualDJ and restarted it. No more problems from the program til the end of the night.

I did find several videos had been corrupted, some had lost the sync between sound and lips moving, others had a couple of minutes of silence added to the end, some had a silence break in the middle. I can only think that this contributed to the video loading issue. At a guess I can only think that this problem has been caused with defragging and optomising my hard drive.

I use the videos (avi format) from the laptops internal 320gb hard drive. I have my mp3 database on a 500gb external hard drive and also store a backup copy of the video database. I am going to try and restore the corrupted videos, luckily I wrote down the ones that were creating a problem one of which was Michael Jacksons Thriller video! I ended up playing the mp3 so all was not lost.

I also noticed that the video screens (5x LG 42" LCDs) were showing the video lower than normal cutting off the bottom few pixels on the output screens. Never seen that happen before.

Right time to drag out my laptop and try restoring vids. I will report back later.

发表时间 Sun 28 Jun 09 @ 6:56 am
What a nightmare yesterday! Spent all day messing with this problem, this is what I found;

I tried restoring the offending videos from the backup 500gb hard drive. This fixed a couple of videos that had lost sync. However, there were 2 videos that were having the same issues; Rihanna - Don't Stop The Music and Michael Jackson - Thriller (Full mini movie, 14 mins long).

What I found was, that, when I loaded one of them into the players as normal they wouldn't play properly, Thriller was playing the video pictures from the start of the vid but the sound was from near the end (the Vincent Price verbals). Don't Stop The Music was adding a gap a few seconds into the vid and then repeating the start, at the end it was repeating the last 3 secs for over a minute, you could see it in the stripe.

What was extremely weird was if I loaded both songs into the autoplaylist and autoplayed them they loaded and played normaly!!!!! Stripes displayed as they shouild also. Tried them back in the individual players and they were screwed up again!!!

OK, tried re-installing VDJ, same problem. Tried uninstalling VDJ 6.0.1 and re-installing VDJ 5.2.1 the two tracks loaded and played as they should. Tried uninstalling VDJ 5.2.1 and edited the registry to clear out any references to VDJ. Tried re-installing VDJ 6.0.1 still got the same problem!!! Yet, loading the two offending files into the autoplaylist and autodjing them from there they loaded and worked normally!!!

Finally, I got fresh copies of both videos and no more problems, they loaded and played correctly, obviously they had some corruption, however....................

My conclusion is this;

Yes, the videos must of had some corruption in them, BUT, these videos worked fine in VDJ 5.2.1, and also playing them from the autoplaylist in VDJ 6.0.1. As I probably have not played these two videos since upgrading to VDJ 6.0.1, there must be something in the new optimised video engine that causes it to be less tolerant to imperfect videos. Can the devs check this out???

But, how do they work in the autoplaylist and not in the individual players within the same program??? That is the real mystery.

Oh, incidently, thru clearing the registry (and all my settings) my autoplay, when playing vids, now has the zipper sound returned when it's loading the next video :-(

Anybody got a solution to this???

My worry is, how many more vids do I have (currently around 2,400) with some minor corruption that VDJ 6.0.1 will not tolerate??? I'm getting nervous playing vids now :-(

发表时间 Mon 29 Jun 09 @ 5:57 am
Just comparing notes this morning with my pal who also uses VDJ...................

............he had 6.0.1 crash spectacularly at a wedding at the weekend!!! He doesn't use controllers at all, no reason, no warning, just blue screen!!! ............and of course no error report.

It crashed on me like this when I first started using 6.0.1

He has gone back to 5.2.1 and I think I'm gonna do the same, I've got a 6 hour gig on Friday and don't wanna risk it. :-(

发表时间 Tue 30 Jun 09 @ 4:17 am
I had the same issue last night, not the crash but after an hour of video mixing. Basically when you go to drag a video to the deck, although it plays it doesnt load the track into memory i.e the bar showing the length of the song, it only seems to process the video as its playing, which isn't very helpful! The only solution is to reboot the software, which is not so easy when your using it in a club.

Has anyone found any solutions to this?

Dan

发表时间 Sun 06 Sep 09 @ 6:30 am
How hot was it during your events? If it was hot, with lots of guests, poor ventilation around your computer... If files were corrupting 'all of a sudden' then often overheating is an issue (depending on the drive, up to 122F). Once the hard drive hits a certain temp, it expands slightly (its made of metal), and all the sudden you get bad sectors because your OS has the wrong address for the info.

A strong indicator is if you also can fix any issues by simply reinstalling the corrupted data (software or video files) and things work again.

发表时间 Tue 08 Sep 09 @ 8:59 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)