快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Mixer - spilled beer = Problem

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hello all. I"ve dealt with spills on numerous occassions throughout my career and have been lucky most of the time. This time I think I may have bit the bullet. It is a little strange as I haven't come across this particular resonpse so I thought I'd post here for any advice before heading to the repair shop.

Here how the scenario went, quite typical. A-hole approaches booth, beer slips out of his hand, lands on the turntable and proceeds to spill onto the mixer. Almost directly into the upfaders and crossfader. I immediately grab the beer and shut off the power to the mixer. I do here a crackle in the sound in the two second period. I hook up a backup mixer and finish the night. Next day, take apart the mixer, wipe down everything I can reach with some water and leave it open to dry for two days. Turn it back on, all lights are a blazing, hook it up and it's working fine. Celebrated too son as I moved the crossfader to the second channel, here is the problem.

The first channel works fine. Second channel is acting like the gain is +100. Extremely loud. You can hear the music but it is distorted somewhat unless the volume is extremely low. I opened it up and cleaned it again but the problem persists.

Has anyone ever had this type of reaction from a spill? The mixer is a Pioneer 909 if that matters.

发表时间 Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 1:37 pm
yk23PRO InfinityMember since 2006
I spilled a Margarita on my Hercules DJC. I contacted Hercules, they didn’t have any replacement parts. I went to a local electronics store, the salesperson said to go online and order some Caig De-Ox-It. http://www.radioshack.com/sm-deoxit-progold-twin-pack--pi-2104746.html
I was in a little bit of a hurry to get it working and purchased a can of contact cleaner. After I cleaned the fader, I couldn’t get it to slide correctly. It was also not sending to correct positions to VDJ, the volume would go up and down erratically. I went to Fry's electronics, I found Caig Fader lube. Not only did it make the fader butta smooth it restored all the "lost" connectivity.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/CAIG-DeoxIT-FaderLube-Lubricant-5-oz--101858314-i1134931.gc

"DeoxIT FaderLube Spray (formerly CaiLube MCL) is a precision lubricant specifically formulated to improve conductivity and lubricate conductive plastic and carbon compound faders, switches, and other similar components. Over time these components lose their original lubrication from wear and/or repeated cleaning. Dust, dirt, drink spills, and other contamination also degrade the components' lubricant. The need for re-lubrication is necessary to avoid excess wear and abrasion to the plastic

-David

发表时间 Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 1:51 pm
I know your pain

someone spilled wine on my rig last weekend.

发表时间 Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 6:30 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)