快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: VDJ 6 and DaScratch SCS.3d - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I have both Virtual Vinyl 5.2.1Pro and Virtual DJ 6 on the same laptop. I also have a Stanton SCS.3D DaScratch controller. Following the directions on Stanton's site, I got it to work with VV by DL'ing their presets and adding it to the Virtual Vinyl folder, going into the Remote Controller menu and using MIDI Device - Config - Load and loading the Stanton preset.

How do I get the Dascratch to work with VDJ 6?

I tried going into Mappers in Config. When I try to use the dropdown menu with 'Show Only Connected Devices', it only shows 'Keyboard'. I tried the 'Rescan for New Devices' but it still only shows 'Keyboard'. I then tried turning off the 'Show Only Connected Devices' and it shows a list with 'Stanton DaScratch'. I clicked on that and it pulled up a list, but I STILL can't get it to work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Max

发表时间 Mon 01 Jun 09 @ 11:58 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
The previous version XML will not work with V6 ...

Download this file to your desktop - http://www.virtualdj.com/download/miditrace.exe

Run the file -- from the top right box select the unit that represents your DaScratch controller

Press the SEND button - and highlight - copy and paste back here the result you get in the 'big' gray area.

发表时间 Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 9:04 am
Tried doing what you said. when I run the Midi Trace program, the top right box shows these options:

[ffff/ffff]: USB Audio Device
[1/66]: To DaRouter
[1/66]: Creative SoundFont Synthesizer
[1/66]: Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth

and on the lower right box, I see this:

[1/67]: From DaRouter
[ffff/ffff]: USB Audio Device

In the bar next to the SEND button, I see this:

F0 7E 7F 06 01 F7

DaRouter is the Stanton program I installed that reads the inputs from the Stanton DaScratch and controls it. When I clicked on [1/66]: To DaRouter in the top right box and then clicked SEND, nothing happened and nothing appeared in the big gray box. I then clicked on [1/67]: From DaRouter in the lower right box and this appeared in the big gray box:

Removed - cstoll

BTW, how do I set this forum so it sends me a notification when I receive a reply on a topic/thread?

Thanks,
Max

发表时间 Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 4:45 pm
You got the right one selected ... but you didn't click the SEND button ...

Press the SEND button you should get 1 line of codes back ... that is what I need ... not what you posted..

发表时间 Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 5:19 pm
JackFuPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I'm not getting a code back, either, when I use miditrace.

发表时间 Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 6:49 pm
Well, I've tried it numerous times running the program you provided in the link. If I only select

and hit the SEND button, absolutely nothing happens. In fact, if I click on ANYTHING in the top right box and hit the SEND button, absolutely nothing happens.

I clicked the link you provided and downloaded it to desktop. when I mouse over it, it shows

Description: miditrac Application
Company: Atomix Productions
File Version: 1.0.0.1
Date Created: 6/2/2009 5:27PM
Size: 48.0 KB

I doubleclicked it to open and a window pops up that says

The publisher could not be verified. Are you sure you want to run this software?

Name: miditrace.exe
Publisher: Unknown Publisher
Type: Application

I click the RUN button and it opens the program, but clicking the SEND button does nothing no matter what I select in the top right box.

Something wrong with the program? I already have the Stanton DaScratch plugged in via USB and the Stanton DaRouter program open and running before I run the Miditrace program.

Max

发表时间 Wed 03 Jun 09 @ 4:15 am
What about the bottom box .. did you select the DaScratch there to ?

发表时间 Wed 03 Jun 09 @ 9:16 am
I'll try to be as specific as possible with ALL the combinations I've tried with that miditrace program:

With VDJ 6 closed/not running:
Stanton Dascratch connected via USB, DaRouter program not open
Stanton DaScratch connected and DaRouter program open, running and reading inputs from the DaScratch

With VDJ 6 open (but not playing any music):
Same as above

I've tried clicking ONLY on the
in the top right box and then clicking SEND

I've also tried clicking on
in the top right box, AND
in the bottom right box

and then clicking SEND
under ALL the different combinations listed above without touching/doing anything else:

NOTHING pops up in the big gray box. I've tried clicking ALL the other options in the top right box as well and then clicking SEND. It never sends back ANY result.

The ONLY time I've ever gotten ANYTHING in the big gray box is if I click both 'To Darouter' in the top right and 'From DaRouter' in the bottom right and then touch the DaScratch to send some input/signal to the DaRouter software.

With the exception of touching the DaScratch controller with 'From DaRouter' selected in the lower right box, the result of clicking the SEND button with ANYTHING ELSE is NOTHING HAPPENS.

But the controller works just fine with 5.2.1 Pro, so I know it's not the DaScratch controller or the DaRouter software that doesn't work.

OK, while typing the above line out, I just thought of a combination I HADN'T tried yet, so I tried it out.

I connected the DaScratch, started the DaRouter program, opened Virtual Vinyl 5.2.1 Pro. Confirmed that the DaScratch and DaRouter are fully operational and actively controlling Virtual Vinyl 5.2.1 Pro and I can mix, scratch, play, cue, pause Virtual Vinyl by using the DaScratch

THEN I ran the miditrace program, selected ONLY
in the top right box, and clicked the SEND button

NO RESULT

So I tried clicking both
in the top right box, as well as
in the bottom right box and then clicked the SEND button without touching the DaScatch or doing anything else

STILL NO RESULT

Does this miditrace program work? I've tried every possible combination and condition I can think of to get it to work and it does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING unless I click 'From DaRouter' and hit buttons on the DaScratch

Max

发表时间 Wed 03 Jun 09 @ 4:02 pm
I get identical results.

Selecting [1/66]: To DaRouter and pressing send, no result.
Selecting [1/66]: To DaRouter and [1/67]: To DaRouter and pressing send, no result.
Selecting [1/67]: To DaRouter and pressing send, usually no result, but I have gotten the useless response he listed above, once or twice.

发表时间 Wed 03 Jun 09 @ 4:34 pm
From what I have learned ... is that Stanton needs to correct their drivers (and they are aware of this) ... but all hope is not lost .. I am working on a resolution that we can try.

Just need some time to put something together ...

发表时间 Wed 03 Jun 09 @ 7:24 pm
cstoll wrote :
From what I have learned ... is that Stanton needs to correct their drivers (and they are aware of this) ... but all hope is not lost .. I am working on a resolution that we can try.

Just need some time to put something together ...

Cool, thanks.

Max

BTW, I thought of one piece of info that I neglected to include. I'm running Windows XP sp3, not Vista if that makes any difference as far as the miditrace program goes.

发表时间 Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 2:29 am
cstoll,

did you get my reply? Sent you my email address. Sorry, still getting used to THIS forum. The other forums I'm usually on use vbb and notify me when someone sends me a PM or posts a reply on a thread

Max

发表时间 Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 3:56 pm
Any updates? BTW, cstoll, I sent you a reply with my email. Did you get it?

Max

发表时间 Fri 05 Jun 09 @ 4:56 pm
I got your email ... I will have some time Saturday to put something together that we can work on ... will shoot you and email when it's ready or if I need some info ....

发表时间 Sat 06 Jun 09 @ 1:09 am
Cool, thanks. BTW, I take it there's no way on this forum to set it to send me an email when a reply is posted to a thread or if I get a private message?

Max

发表时间 Sat 06 Jun 09 @ 3:38 am
You can monitor a thread ... upper left of the topic at top ... emails you when a new post occurs.

发表时间 Sat 06 Jun 09 @ 11:25 am
Ah, I see it, thanks.

Max

发表时间 Mon 08 Jun 09 @ 4:29 pm
Any progress or updates to add about this?

Max

发表时间 Thu 18 Jun 09 @ 6:36 pm
Sooo.... it's been quite a while. Any updates or progress on this?

Max

发表时间 Wed 29 Jul 09 @ 12:33 pm
Yes, please. My poor scs.3d is collecting dust.

发表时间 Wed 29 Jul 09 @ 3:28 pm
87%