快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Unrecognized MP3?

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hi,

I run VDJ 5.0.7 DJ console in PRO mode (for the next 15 days). I got it with my HERCULES RMX.

Several of my MP3 cannot be read by VDJ while they can be read by MediaPlayer, iTunes, and other DJ SW. When I load them on the deck, they simply do not load, and there is no error message of any sort. It just do not load. I assumed the file format is not recognized, maybe.

Then I looked at the info of the file as provided by Vdj (right click son and select File info). For instance, I have this file on my drive M:

M:\Compilations\L'Été Des Hits Vol. 4

Well, VDJ does not seem to recognize the É and é (it's from french language). I would have a hard time to reproduce what VDJ gives me as a path for the selected song as it uses character I do not have handy on my keyoboard. It looks like this:

M:\Compilations\L'~A%t~A@ Des Hits Vol. 4

And VDJ says the file is missing! In fact, it just cannot read the PATH of the file.

So, the problem is easily understandable. But is there a fix for this without me changing all the folder names manually?

Any idea would be appreciated.

Thanks

发表时间 Sun 03 May 09 @ 11:29 pm
Well, I ran more tests and it gets confirmed that the files I cannot read have french alphabet letter in them. And it also looks like the issue might come from iTunes XMl files. For instance, here a song:

M:\Bénabar\Bénabar _ Best Of\01 Le dîner.mp3

Here is what the iTunes file show:

<dict>
<key>Track ID</key><integer>5009</integer>
<key>Name</key><string>Le dîner</string>
<key>Artist</key><string>Bénabar</string>
<key>Album</key><string>Bénabar : Best Of</string>
<key>Genre</key><string>World</string>
<key>Kind</key><string>MPEG audio file</string>
<key>Size</key><integer>6886532</integer>
<key>Total Time</key><integer>183066</integer>
<key>Track Number</key><integer>1</integer>
<key>Track Count</key><integer>21</integer>
<key>Date Modified</key><date>2008-04-16T23:57:06Z</date>
<key>Date Added</key><date>2008-04-16T04:50:57Z</date>
<key>Bit Rate</key><integer>300</integer>
<key>Sample Rate</key><integer>44100</integer>
<key>Comments</key><string>french</string>
<key>Play Count</key><integer>1</integer>
<key>Play Date</key><integer>3313332638</integer>
<key>Play Date UTC</key><date>2008-12-28T23:10:38Z</date>
<key>Rating</key><integer>100</integer>
<key>Album Rating</key><integer>40</integer>
<key>Album Rating Computed</key><true/>
<key>Persistent ID</key><string>F191B7D18C51364F</string>
<key>Track Type</key><string>File</string>
<key>Location</key><string>file://localhost/M:/B%C3%A9nabar/B%C3%A9nabar%20_%20Best%20Of/01%20Le%20d%C3%AEner.mp3</string>
<key>File Folder Count</key><integer>-1</integer>
<key>Library Folder Count</key><integer>-1</integer>
</dict>

When I find this song via iTunes smart list I see in VDJ, the path indicated for this song contains characters that I believe VDJ cannot decode properly. As such, it does not find the file...

If I manually browse to the folder without using the iTunes folder in VDJ, then the song loads on the deck.

So, there is a character problem in the path of the song. And the song is tagged as not found by VDJ.

Has anybody seen that before? Any idea on how to fix this but by renaming manually each file and/or path??

Thank you very much for any idea you might suggest.

Thanks

发表时间 Mon 04 May 09 @ 1:07 am
gbeulPRO InfinityMember since 2007
i have the same problem to with most of my german and latin stuff even if the folder name or the file have spezial caracters they mess up when i click on the itunes-libary in itunes it self the look perfect any idea
thank dj-agua

发表时间 Sun 10 May 09 @ 4:22 pm
gbeulPRO InfinityMember since 2007
i got it pretty simple but i dont know maby some fixing from atomix is neded.

here is my solution:

first download nodepat++ it's from sourceforge so you can use it for free (thanks to the guys how made it)

the hole thing depends on the codepage of that xlm file called database

1. so what i have done is to open my itunes database in the notepad++ and looked on the first line

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

so thats why itunes displayed them right because i used mp3tag to give them the right international characters ;-)

2. than i opend the virtualdj database (do this for each file you find on all your harddrives) and i see in the first line

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?>

and that is the problem (very odd thing it is like usa sees the world because windows-1252 is english with little extantions so if you nativ english and all the songs are also taged in english it works but every contry wich is not native english will have the problem)

so just change encoding to UTF-8
go to the first line and change encoding="windows-1252" to encoding="UTF-8"

than in notepad++ change the under FORMAT from ANSI to UTF-8
the charakters should look ok now save the file and than you are done

when you now open vdj the titles should look like you expect it
thats it
best regards dj-agua

ps for atomix think about to change the xml encoding permantly to utf-8 (we are one world);-)

发表时间 Mon 11 May 09 @ 11:15 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)