快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Video is crashing the PC

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

My PC:
Windows XP Pro sp3 * Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4 GHz, 4MB * 2GB DDR2-667 RAM * 80GB HD (C: for OS & Apps) * 500GB HD * 250 GB HD * 1000 gb HD * DVD Recorder (Sony ADW-Q170A) * M-Audio Delta 410 Audio * ATI RADEON X1600 Pro 512MB video.

Lately i've had a few crashes mid show when playing video. When it happens, the 2nd monitor goes blank, then the main monitor will blink in and out and then the pc crashes and quits. it's quite embarrassing.. one night it happened 4 times. It started at the end of march when windows updated..( i've since removed those updates and saw some improvement) It has the latest drivers directly from ATI and the latest Direct X. Anyone else having an issue?? Any Ideas?? It seems to only crash when using VDJ (latest version)

I also know it's an older video card and i just ordered a newer one: it's specs are below
Chipset GPU Nvidia Geforce 9400GT
Memory 1GB DDR2
Core Speed 550 MHz
Memory Speed 800 MHz
Interface PCI Express 2.0 (PCI Express support)
Direct X Support DirectX 10
OpenGL OpenGL® 2.1
RAMDAC 400 MHz
Memory Bus 128 Bits
Output Ports D-SUB & DVI & HDTV Out

发表时间 Fri 10 Apr 09 @ 10:32 am
Just a thought, but have you pressed MAXIMISE on the virtual dj window?

try it unmaximised, ie, you should still be able to move the vdj window.

maybe the vdj is conflicting with other windows when it it maximised.

also, if the skin dosent fit the screen properly, there are tools available to resize the browser to your liking.

发表时间 Fri 10 Apr 09 @ 10:44 am
No, i never do that. The Skin is the latest mixlab which is the same resolution as my screen. I use the skin mod all the time :)

发表时间 Fri 10 Apr 09 @ 10:46 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I have one laptop with ATI RADEON X1600 Pro 512MB and it was used for VDJ beta-testing since day one with the VDJ video engine ;-)
So the card is not the problem and it was one of the best in the past.

Check your drivers + DirectX

发表时间 Fri 10 Apr 09 @ 3:25 pm
It worked perfectly for a year. this is a new problem. it could be a failing x1600 card

发表时间 Fri 10 Apr 09 @ 5:09 pm
DJ Mad Maxx wrote :
It worked perfectly for a year. this is a new problem. it could be a failing x1600 card

Looks like you may have answerd your own question?

:)

发表时间 Sun 12 Apr 09 @ 1:56 am
Are you using any plugins?

I was having the same type of blank screen and crash (except my video card just crashed not the whole pc so music kept going yay)... I found the problem was the SB slideshow becuase the pics where too large.. Since have had no problems. (PS NO RUDENESS INTENDED TO SB's Slideshow as it is amazing!!!)

Let us know about the plugins?

发表时间 Sun 12 Apr 09 @ 7:39 am
I was using the "showlogo" plugin during the last crash

发表时间 Sun 12 Apr 09 @ 7:44 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
DJ Mad Maxx wrote :
I was using the "showlogo" plugin during the last crash

ok so I guess it's the problem. i will check my code again when I have spare time. For the moment, try to avoid it :-(

发表时间 Sun 12 Apr 09 @ 8:52 am
i was compressing the logo down to the size of the VDJ logo that in the corner at the time also....if that helps at all

发表时间 Sun 12 Apr 09 @ 12:45 pm
hmm.. I didn't mention this but I too use that plugin at events it was in use the times my crashes happened. I didn't assume it was that but it could be.

I to have an ATI card in my laptop maybe the flaw is software (ATI) related... I dunno.

HINT: Resize the logo before putting into virtual DJ... I output my video at 800x600 so i make a blank photoshop doc at that resolution than size the logo the size i want it to appear. That was I have to do a MINIMAL amount of configuration with the plugin...

发表时间 Mon 13 Apr 09 @ 2:23 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)