快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Video card question

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

DJ ED EPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi guys

Just about to make the jump into the music video world

I currently have a rack mount Dj computer ...with a pci express 16 slot. From what I have been told the PCI Express 2.0 is backward compatible with my mother board . HAvings said that I am not the most computer literate person so I figured I would ask my question here

I am considering the following 3 cards

The first option would be PCI Express
EVGA GeForce 8400 GS Video Card - 512MB DDR2, PCI Express, DVI, VGA, HDTV, Video Card
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3515269&CatId=1826

Then the next 2 option would be to goto the PCI Express 2.0 one would be 512 and the other 1GB
EVGA GeForce 9500 GT Video Card - 512MB DDR2, PCI Express 2.0, SLI Support, (Dual Link) Dual DVI, HDTV, VGA Support
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4035118&CatId=1826

EVGA GeForce 9500 GT Video Card - 1GB DDR2, PCI Express 2.0, SLI Support, (Dual Link) Dual DVI, HDTV, VGA Support
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4111742&CatId=1826

The price difference isn't much but just wondering opinions on if the video will run better on the PCI Express 2.0 or would I be spending money for no reason

Thanks
Ed

发表时间 Fri 06 Mar 09 @ 9:45 am
What OS are you using, XP or Vista?? If using XP I strongly recommend you find a card that was made for Direct X 9. Most of the newer cards are made for DirectX10 (Vista).

发表时间 Fri 06 Mar 09 @ 8:29 pm
Ok now you got me totally ....I would have thought that if something will run 10 it should run 9...care to explain

BTW On my and one and vista on backup(laptop)

Thanks
Ed

发表时间 Sun 08 Mar 09 @ 6:28 am
Brian

can you explain

发表时间 Wed 11 Mar 09 @ 4:36 pm
Explain??? If you are trying to use a card that was designed for DirectX10 ie, ATI HD 4850 on XP it wont work. You need to find a card like the ATI X1950 or the like that was based on DirectX9 to run on XP.
If you already have a card that was made for Directx10 and you have issues with XP, then install Vista.

发表时间 Wed 11 Mar 09 @ 7:45 pm
well I just ordered geforce adirect x10..it is for a an Xp ..I really don't like ati cards ..I had a few fail

will I definetly have problems or is this a maybe

Thanks in advance for the help
Ed

发表时间 Thu 12 Mar 09 @ 8:35 am
I dont have any experience with NVidia cards as I never liked them, so cant tell ya.

发表时间 Thu 12 Mar 09 @ 4:02 pm
Brian

Thanks....can you tell me what issues I may expect from using xp with a directx 10

发表时间 Fri 13 Mar 09 @ 10:07 am
UPDATE: FOR ANYONE INTERESTED

I called the manufacturer EVGA confirm if this card will workm on xp and it he said it will ...he also said most cards that are made today will support x9 and x10 ..my suggestions is if your in the market call/ email a maufacturerer to confirm that it will work for your situation.

The downfall to this all of this is when I was looking online to buy my video card all of the websites I looked at ONLY said x10 which is why I think some people are getting confused

Hope this helps
Ed

发表时间 Wed 18 Mar 09 @ 3:13 am
All DirectX 10 cards are backwards compatible with DirectX 9. The issues with Virtual DJ do not happen in all configurations and some people still have problems with DX10 cards and Vista, usually freezing or green stripes. I firmly believe these to be Virtual DJ issues, no other software make such claims that DX10 cards are not compatible with XP, if this were true huge OEM's like Dell would not ship modern hardware with the option of booting XP. Similarly ATI, Nvidia and Microsoft would say that there are issues, e-mail the customer support of any of these companies and they will tell you that Direct X 10 cards are supported with Windows XP, the only thing you will lack is Direct X 10 API calls. The solution proposed on these boards for people experiencing problems with DX10 cards and XP is to upgrade to Vista, that doesn't address the cause of the problem.

If you do want a Direct X 9 card, get an ATI X1xxx series or Nvidia 7xxx series.

发表时间 Wed 18 Mar 09 @ 8:12 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
i use the 7 series in two lappys and one desktop and all work fine...

发表时间 Fri 20 Mar 09 @ 7:15 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)