快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Newbee here - Help with Video mixing output

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hey all,
I have been using PC-DJ Red forever untill I was told about Virtual DJ Pro, so now the switch is on. I needed it for Video also.
I learned of this from a DJ at Planet Hollywood. Im using the trial version right now to see if its 100% what Im looking for. Its looking like a slam dunk though. Its GREAT!

Im using a Laptop for this program.

My question is how do I get the full video on the external screen? I plug an external monitor into the VGA port and all I get on the external screen is the same thing on the Laptop. Is there a setting in the program or is this something with the laptop? I also have a S-vid out too that I would like to use as my main out.

Any help would be great!
Also, Im sorry if I posted this in the wrong area.

J

发表时间 Tue 20 Jan 09 @ 9:41 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
You need to tell windows to extend your desktop to that second display.

Then in Pro, you would select that display from the config window in VDJ video options. The trial doesn't allow this, but you can drag the window to that display manually and resize it to test it out.

发表时间 Tue 20 Jan 09 @ 9:49 am
Thanks for the help. Thats great! The only problem with that is putting the vid maximized on the other screen everything runs choppy. Will the full version run better since im not expanding the window?

Also... Is there a way to look a video over & over again when its cued up?

If I can do all this I will be purchasing the full version today. I have been tinkering with it all day and love it!

发表时间 Tue 20 Jan 09 @ 11:56 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
as long a you have dual core and your lappy or pc comes upto specs everything should be ok, been running vids now with vdj for over 2 year and no probs really, except when i've screwed up, lol

发表时间 Tue 20 Jan 09 @ 4:11 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
vsnsound wrote :
Thanks for the help. Thats great! The only problem with that is putting the vid maximized on the other screen everything runs choppy. Will the full version run better since im not expanding the window?

Also... Is there a way to look a video over & over again when its cued up?

If I can do all this I will be purchasing the full version today. I have been tinkering with it all day and love it!

When running fullscreen it runs perfectly for me :)

I'm not sure what you are asking for the second question?

发表时间 Tue 20 Jan 09 @ 4:12 pm
also no major problems here with video mixing all videos 4 hours a gig. as stated before make sure your laptop/pc is up to specs if not over spec. video is very demanding on a machine.

发表时间 Wed 21 Jan 09 @ 6:07 am
Hi, yeah, you don't need to expand the window on the external screen.

I'll list all the steps to try and make it clear:
Before you start virtual dj, extend your windows desktop onto you second screen (from sounds of things, I think you've done that.)

Now start virtualdj and clcik on settings/config or whatever it's called.

A box pops up with tabs for all the different settings. First click on the "video" tab,

then there is a drop down list with 2 options on, I think it's called "video output" One choice will be "window" and the other choice will be the name of your graphics card-choose this one and tick the box to activate the video output.

(You'll also want to tick the box to hide the virtual dj logo and maybe you might want to check the option for "link video". That's nothing to do with where the video outputs to but it's a great feature for putting a video any audio files you have.)

Hope that helps

发表时间 Wed 21 Jan 09 @ 11:19 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)