快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Limitations of VDJ Home Edition

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

My trial version expired and I am planning to get the Home Edition. The site says there are "limits" as to what skins, plugins, effects, etc. can be downloaded from the site. Can anybody be more specific as to what these limitations are? Are there certain skins, etc. that will not work with the Home Edition?

In addition, are there any other differences between the Home Edition and the Professional Edition that I should be aware of that are not explained on the site? It is my understanding that the only difference is that the Home Edition will not allow use of external devices, such as controllers, so that I will have to use the keyboard and mouse. So everything else, like looping functions, sampling, recording, etc. will be the same, correct?

But can I still use an external soundcard, like a Gigaport, because I will not be using this version at home, but intend to use it as a mobile DJ?

Thanks.

发表时间 Mon 29 Dec 08 @ 5:07 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006

发表时间 Mon 29 Dec 08 @ 5:54 am
Thanks for that link, but again, what are the limits re: plugins and skins? The comparison table only says there are "limits", but this tells me nothing.

Thanks.

发表时间 Mon 29 Dec 08 @ 6:24 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
In all honesty I wouldn't bank on being able to download much.

The majority of plugins and skins are for professional edition only I'm afraid - especially the video plugins.

发表时间 Mon 29 Dec 08 @ 7:32 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
SBDJ wrote :
In all honesty I wouldn't bank on being able to download much.

I know of be 2 or 3 skins you could possiblly use. I used them when I only had the console edition, but as Scott has said the majority of the plugins (may be all) are for the Pro version.

发表时间 Mon 29 Dec 08 @ 7:37 am
Does this mean that skins and plug-ins that can be used in the PRO version will not work or function in the Home Edition? Or does this just mean that you have to pay for the PRO version to use the additional plug-ins and effects?

Thanks.

发表时间 Mon 29 Dec 08 @ 8:07 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
The plug-ins (video and audio) and skins will work with the Home Edition.

As a licensed Home Edition user you will have access for downloading.

The biggest fundamental difference between Home Edition and Pro Version is ...

1. External Video Output is limited to the windowed environment and can not be routed directly for FULL screen viewing
2. Controllers are not supported
3. Sound Options limited - No Timecode support and No External Mixer options
4. Home Edition comes ONLY for the PC (Windows) platform ... NO MAC Version.

发表时间 Mon 29 Dec 08 @ 8:37 am
cstoll:

Are you a representative of Atomix Productions/Virtual DJ? I only ask so that I know you are providing me with reliable information.

I have read some prior posts about the Home Edition indicating that some skins, samples and plug-ins will not work at all in the Home Edition, and that you must have the PRO version for these to work. I have also read that the soundcard options are limited in the Home Edition, so that I cannot use an external soundcard like the FastTrack Pro or Gigaport. Will I be able to use these external soundcards with the Home Edition?

Last thing I want to do is waste 50 bucks to find out that the Home Edition does not do what I expected. I don't need to use controllers, timecoding, video, or any external stuff, making the Pro version unnecessary, EXCEPT that I use a Gigaport, which is an external soundcard. I intend to use the program away from home as a mobile DJ and to use audio only.

So can you please confirm the accuracy of the above information?

Thanks.

发表时间 Mon 29 Dec 08 @ 8:53 am
Did you look at my tag under my avatar picture? Maybe the one to the left will help ?

You will not be able to use the Gigaport to it's full potential ... the HOME Edition is intended to be for HOME use not a Mobile DJ if you want to have the features and flexibility that a Mobile DJ would need and want - that is why there is the PRO version.

Have you played with the Trial Version of PRO - http://www.virtualdj.com/download/trial.html

发表时间 Mon 29 Dec 08 @ 9:30 am
Yes, I played with it, and it is now expired.

发表时间 Mon 29 Dec 08 @ 9:43 am
I think the above statements explain things nicely .... the home version is heavily discounted and for "home" use with no external cards. The Pro version is what you need if you're using it for DJ'ing. If you are a working DJ, then the cost of the Pro version will be covered in no time.

发表时间 Mon 29 Dec 08 @ 10:09 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)