快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: PA and subwoofer help

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

burd691Home userMember since 2008
I have to behringer b212's and a guitar bass amp... I know its not 100% professional but these things cost money.... I was wondering if there was some piece of hardware i could use to separate my my virtual dj ouput (from BCD3000) so that only my bass whent to the bass amp and the mid high to the PA's because they dont sound well with bass sounds. Any help??

发表时间 Sat 20 Dec 08 @ 6:49 pm

发表时间 Sat 20 Dec 08 @ 7:56 pm
Ok im zoning in on the Behringer SUPER-X PRO CX2310 crossover. I have 2 questions, one i read that its very easy to blow your speakers with crossovers, any input?? Secondly, how would i configure that with my setup. (Starting with 2 1/4 stereo outputs from my mixer). I am confused because of the back of the unit. For each input it has a high and mid output, how do those connect to my speakers?? They do have two speakon inputs on the back, but i was under the impression that those were used for daisy chaining the speakers. Any help or any literature on how these things work because i do not want to ruin my speakers. Thanks alot

发表时间 Sun 21 Dec 08 @ 9:34 am
burd691 wrote :
Ok im zoning in on the Behringer SUPER-X PRO CX2310 crossover. I have 2 questions, one i read that its very easy to blow your speakers with crossovers, any input?? Secondly, how would i configure that with my setup. (Starting with 2 1/4 stereo outputs from my mixer). I am confused because of the back of the unit. For each input it has a high and mid output, how do those connect to my speakers?? They do have two speakon inputs on the back, but i was under the impression that those were used for daisy chaining the speakers. Any help or any literature on how these things work because i do not want to ruin my speakers. Thanks alot

In reality a crossover will actually reduce the chance of blowing your speakers in that it reduces the overall signal sent to your speakers. With an overpowered amp though, you may be tempted to bring the volume higher and as a result blow the speakers but that's not the crossover's fault.

Personally, I don't DJ in stereo. There is very little benefit and unless you get a crossover with a low filter sum (like the DMX) and run in mono you're going to loose some of the music's low frequencies if you don't have 2 subwoofers (each channel, left/right, will have it's own high and low splits leaving you with 2 low frequency channels but just one speaker to transmit). As a result, I'd suggest running a mono signal into the crossover and splitting the high filter to your speakers and running the low filter to your sub.

Your speakers have 1/4in inputs and speakon inputs. Speakon is not used specifically for daisy chaning, the speakers just offer both inputs for your convenience. Speakon is a far superior type of connection for stability (it locks and can't be accidentally removed) and for sound quality (far more robust connection). However, it is your choice which ones to use, you can "daisy chain" using either the 1/4" or the Speakon.

To illustrate the wiring would work as such:

Mixer (1/4in) --(1/4in to XLR cable)--> (XLR) Crossover Input (XLR) --(XLR to 1/4" or Speakon)--> (1/4" or Speakon) Behringer 212

If you are concerned about damaging your speakers, I wouldn't worry too much about that with powered speakers. Should you ever upgrade to using a separate amplifier/passive speaker then I would highly recommend a compressor/limitor to help squash voltages that could damage your speakers.

发表时间 Mon 22 Dec 08 @ 1:56 am
ok im starting to get my head around this, two last questions (and thanks everyone for their time and help). How do i get my 2 rca ouputs into 1 mono signal (is this as simple as a Y connector (2 rca female to 1 1/4")?? I am using Speakon, and the CX2310 has a mid and high ouput for each channel, how do i get both of those into 1 speakon input (Once again is this just another XLR Y connector)

Should i go for the more expensive SUPER-X PRO CX3400 which has a limiter in it??

发表时间 Mon 22 Dec 08 @ 6:46 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)