快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Yet another sucessful mac gig with the 4500 - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
last night a Christmas party vdj 5.2.1 with the 4500 and jp's mapper not a single problem. This brings my count up to just under 50 successful fully mac and denon shows.

发表时间 Sun 14 Dec 08 @ 11:08 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Nice to know it cyder;)

发表时间 Sun 14 Dec 08 @ 11:49 am
djryanlHome userMember since 2008
Funny how this is the first thread I see as I login..haha.

Unfortunetly I can't say the same. Someone help!!

I bought an HC4500 a couple weeks ago and was given a copy of VDJ 5.2 to try with it. I tested it out at home last week and didn't really have any issues. I decided to try it live this weekend and this is what happened...

I had created a few playlists for cocktail, dinner music, and started playing them on automix. I noticed after about an hour or so, some little 'lines' on the VDJ screen (not sure how to explain myself there, but like glitches in the resolution or something). Anyways, that didn't seem to make any issues with the audio but then all of a sudden, the music just stopped. The software didn't crash, it just stopped, and I couldn't press play on either the controller, or the software directly. At that point, I went directly to my second laptop which I had ready to go for this exact reason. I closed and reopened VDJ and went into the preferences, I was playin with the latency slider, and then all of a sudden it started reacting again. I then went from the backup back to my macbook using VDJ. I continued playing again, and then within no time again, it did the same thing. This time I noticed the HC4500 display "pc linked". It's almost as if the controller and laptop had lost communication. Something to keep in mind is also taht I have my music on an external drive formatted in FAT32.

Anyways, I don't know what to do. When I do 'about' VDJ it says 5.2, is it becuase I don't have the newest release 5.2.1? When you mention JP's mapper, is that something different from the standard mapping. As I said in the other threads, there's no way I"m droppin the coin on this software if it doesn't work for me on MAC and yet I can't get the latest release since I'm not registered.

发表时间 Sun 14 Dec 08 @ 7:57 pm
Hi djryani, as i have already explained to u before, there are no mac version trial atm and the version u r using is illegal. The legal version which u purchased here is stable. U can see that u can use the hc4500 with VDJ as successful as others. Abt the mapper as such, it is only available to registered user. Same goes for plugins, skin or tool etc.

Hope to see u as a pro user soon:)

发表时间 Sun 14 Dec 08 @ 9:39 pm
Well said spinna.

I don't think I could use the 4500 as it comes mapped stock, I have a ton of things altered including the jog wheel sensitivity and the 1-5 buttons being loop points. Its the way I work and have it carried over from many other controllers. I think out friends "borrowed" version may have some issues. Such as the mp3 codec not being switched to quick time and if using the 4500's soundcard an complete aggregate device correctly configured.

发表时间 Sun 14 Dec 08 @ 9:51 pm
VOG_PRO InfinityMember since 2006
I use the 4500 successfully now at my gig Fri and Sat, this week to over 5000 people in total.

I work in one of Irelands busiest night clubs.

I have now moved my Mac to my main machine and the Denon as controller and soundcard. My PC is backup

发表时间 Mon 15 Dec 08 @ 1:59 pm
Again another successful user;) Nice Vog;)

发表时间 Mon 15 Dec 08 @ 2:00 pm
I cant seem to find the mapper on the download page has it been released yet?

发表时间 Mon 15 Dec 08 @ 2:01 pm
DJ Cyder wrote :
Well said spinna.
Such as the mp3 codec not being switched to quick time and if using the 4500's soundcard an complete aggregate device correctly configured.

I use the default audio codec for mp3 and have not had any problems with the new Mac Book Pro Late 2008 I find when I use the quick time codec none of my mp3 tags are read.

Just thought id mention :)

发表时间 Mon 15 Dec 08 @ 2:05 pm
I use itunes to do it, so I don't have tag problems with either.

发表时间 Mon 15 Dec 08 @ 2:17 pm
Vog pls see ur PM;)

发表时间 Mon 15 Dec 08 @ 2:21 pm
DJ Cyder wrote :
I use itunes to do it, so I don't have tag problems with either.

I tried using itunes to ripp to Apple lossless but I noticed that the full filename is not used by itunes. The tag displays ok but the actual file only has the track number and title

发表时间 Mon 15 Dec 08 @ 2:29 pm
NatorPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I have also had two sucessful gigs this weekend.. I also cant seem to find the mapper, any news on this?

I also found out that if I use the mouse (trackpad) to scroll/navigate in folderlist/tracks (for faster scroll) and choose folder/track this way and then go back to hc4500 for folder/track navigation VDJ sometime crashes. This has happened twise. Lucky me it was right after the gig.

发表时间 Mon 15 Dec 08 @ 2:51 pm
Vog,

have you tried apple scripts to fix the file names take a look here for some specific scripts to fix the way the itunes names the files also it adds a lot of neat things to itunes that apple forgot. http://dougscripts.com/itunes/index.php

发表时间 Mon 15 Dec 08 @ 3:40 pm
cyder... do you still have issues with the video display at the beggining of every video or has that issue since been resolved?

发表时间 Wed 17 Dec 08 @ 9:07 pm
I haven't had an problems here with the video end of things.

发表时间 Wed 17 Dec 08 @ 9:12 pm
Cyder... I just remember reading your blog about having issues with video at the start of every song. granted this was a long while back, but just wanted to see if that issue was resolved with the new OS for the Mac.

thanks!

发表时间 Wed 17 Dec 08 @ 9:35 pm
That was an old issue with VDJ back when I was using vista and bootcamp. The issue never happend on osx.

发表时间 Thu 18 Dec 08 @ 7:09 am
I should not have opened my big mouth

Club was absolutely stuffed last night and right in the middle of a big dance tune the crowd going mental and BANG VDJ shut down.

Then within a couple of minutes my fecking PC backup went down.....OMG

So hit play on the CD player and tried to get everything rebooted and checked all the cables

When I fecking customer hit cue on the CD player trying to get my attention to make a request.

What a night

What in gods name could take down two laptops one Mac and a PC.

Could someone take a look at the crash reports for me

发表时间 Sun 21 Dec 08 @ 3:34 pm
Hi vog, pls post ur crash report here in the mac forum n indicated what are u doing prior to the crash. Thanks;)

发表时间 Sun 21 Dec 08 @ 3:39 pm
63%