快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Min Spec Laptop

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

robjenPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi all

I am looking to getting a laptop and wanted to know what the min spec i needed to operate virutal dj, and operate through the radio,i get confused with celron or core etc. Am not looking to spend anymore than 400.00.

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/151493

I found this and thought it looked ok and is better than my current computer

thanks in advance

DJRJ

发表时间 Sun 07 Dec 08 @ 3:14 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
It is ok for audio use, for video you need better video card in laptop with it's own ram memory.

发表时间 Mon 08 Dec 08 @ 5:49 am
thanks alf, not really worried about video, just audio and surfing the net, so ram and processor are most important?

发表时间 Mon 08 Dec 08 @ 5:29 pm
Rob,

Would be interested how you get on with it. Especially with latency and DPC - I'm thinking I may need to upgrade myself...

Cheers,

Roy

发表时间 Mon 08 Dec 08 @ 5:46 pm
hey roy

latency and DPC ?? sorry but i am completly dumb when it comes to specs of cpu, what should i look out for?

发表时间 Tue 09 Dec 08 @ 5:41 pm
If only it were that simple...

I don't fully understand this stuf yet, but even on my dual core I get skipping and recently something far worse.

It all comes dowm to how well the hardware can deal with real-time audio and some hardware is better than others. I'm not even sure if its an O/S issue...

I've yet to play with my latency settings which may help, but may invest in hardware that's fit for purpose which I didn;t consider last time as I was unaware of what potentially could go wrong...

Cheers,

Roy

发表时间 Wed 10 Dec 08 @ 8:21 am
arfurHome userMember since 2007
My laptop is far lower spec than that, it's a 1.8GHz Pentium4-M, a dell inspiron 8200 laptop with 640Meg of RAM.

I have installed a totally stripped down version of XP, specifically for only using VDJ - no networking, imaging, or anything else unnecessary. I don't use video, it wouldn't work anyway, but works great with audio. All my settings are for highest performance and lowest latency, and I never get any skips. The latency in DPC never leaves green.

I have a second partition I cab boot into conventional XP and surf net and do whatever else i wish.

So, you can get away with a minimal system if you spend time optimizing it...

发表时间 Fri 12 Dec 08 @ 3:22 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)