快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Best setup with XP10'S

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hi all,

I've recently just purchased a couple xp10's and just waiting on delivery at the mo. I was wondering what's the best setup to get with a laptop? Do I need a usb external sound card like the maya?

I found that numark also has a mixer with usb input? I have no idea if that makes it any better...

IDEAS please!

发表时间 Fri 28 Jan 05 @ 8:40 pm
You don't need any soundcard. The XP10's have the sound card built in. You just need a mixer to mix it all together. I suggest you get one with a third line level input so you can have your IPOD on standby. I also recommend a laptop with a very fast processor and at least 1GB of ram. I just ordered my Dell with a 3.06Ghz/533 FSB, 1GB ram this morning.

发表时间 Fri 28 Jan 05 @ 9:12 pm
Right now I just have the hurcules controler but I am realizing I need to upgrade very soon and I am thinking about xp10's. Can I buy them anywhere else besides virtual dj? Also what type of mixer should I get for them? Any suggestions for something not too expensive? Any other hardware I need? Also has anyone tryed scratching with them? how do they sound? Also on the hurcules when you put your fingers on the jog wheel it doesnt stop the song...will it stop the song on the xp10? I was also considering tcv but since i dont have turntables and tcv are out of stock xp10s seem good. Any other suggetions?
Thanks

发表时间 Sat 29 Jan 05 @ 5:42 pm
BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
You can purchase XP10's directly from EKS and I believe there are other online retailers that have the XP10 in stock, as well. If you want the VDJ-Pro unit (XP10's built by EKS for Atomix. 100 euro less in cost, only works with VDJ, though) then you have to buy it from Atomix at this site.

Mixer choice is up to you, I guess. They will work with any standard mixer. Personally, I use a Stanton SMX-501 scratch mixer. Cost me about $300 shipped. I'd recommend it if that is your price range.

Yes, you can scratch with them. You won't have quite as much control as vinyl because the platters are much smaller, but I think it is the best all-digital scratching option out there. They probably wouldn't make a turntablist happy, but I have no problem doing effect scratches or scratching into a drop.

The XP10 has a conductive metal plate on top of the platter. Touch that, and the track stops as if you were stopping the record from spinning. You can scratch this way. If you do NOT touch the top conductive plate, then it the wheels pitch bend as if rubbing your finger on the outside rim of a record as it spins.

TCV and XP10's give you different experiences. If scratching is the base of your mixing, I'd suggest the TCV, as they will give you more scratch feel and control. XP10's on the other hand, give you moderate scratching control as well as plenty of handy buttons to program to whatever VDJ functions you want. It's almost a question of turntablist scratcher (TCV) vs Remixer(XP10). I chose a pair of XP10's for myself and I'm very glad I made that decision.

发表时间 Sat 29 Jan 05 @ 7:14 pm
Thanks for the information. What is the difference between the regular xp10's and the vdj pro unit? I will most likley only use vdj since i like it already...are there any differences other than price? and when I look on the link for purchasing from this site I only see the normal xp10's where are the pro's? Also do u know any other sites specifically to purchase from? Also do you know anywhwere that tcv is in stock? It seems like this is a common question. Thanks Alot

发表时间 Sun 30 Jan 05 @ 8:28 pm
BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
The VDJ-Pro is the name of the XP10 version made for Atomix. The words get interchanged and it makes it a bit confusing, but there is no "Pro" version of the Atomix XP10.

I'll use XP10 to refer to the unit directly from EKS and VDJ-Pro to mean the unit from Atomix.

VDJ-Pro has the buttons labeled to match VDJ, while the XP10 has labeling for EKS' software, Bison.
They also have different firmware. We know that it prevents the VDJ-Pro from being used with other software, but other than that I don't think anyone outside EKS or Atomix knows what the differences are.

If you aren't interested in using the controller for any software other than VDJ, I don't see why you'd purchase the XP10 over the VDJ-Pro. The ability to use other software is really the only advantage of the XP10.

发表时间 Sun 30 Jan 05 @ 10:56 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)