快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: 4.1 soundcard setup

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Got my new laptop today (Vista 32-bit). Loaded VDJ and it's working like a champ, so far. But I'm having a problem. Maybe it's not a problem at all. I'm not sure.

My laptop comes with a 4.1 soundcard. Two headphone outputs. I think they are independent. My laptop is a Dell Studio 15. I'm trying to get the left output to play on the front jack and the right output to play on the rear jack. So far, no success. The same output in the front is coming out of the back. I've tried almost every different configuration possible on the Sound Setup tab on the Settings dialog box.

This is how I have it configured now:

Inputs: None
Outputs: External Mixer
Sound card(s): 4.1
Sound card: Primary Sound Driver
Output Channels: Left deck: front output / Right deck: rear output

I don't know what could be wrong. Maybe it's a gonfiguration in the sound setup in the control panel of Windows. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

发表时间 Mon 08 Sep 08 @ 8:27 pm
tnjedgtPRO InfinityMember since 2012
djchris73 wrote :
Got my new laptop today (Vista 32-bit). Loaded VDJ and it's working like a champ, so far. But I'm having a problem. Maybe it's not a problem at all. I'm not sure.

My laptop comes with a 4.1 soundcard. Two headphone outputs. I think they are independent. My laptop is a Dell Studio 15. I'm trying to get the left output to play on the front jack and the right output to play on the rear jack. So far, no success. The same output in the front is coming out of the back. I've tried almost every different configuration possible on the Sound Setup tab on the Settings dialog box.

This is how I have it configured now:

Inputs: None
Outputs: External Mixer
Sound card(s): 4.1
Sound card: Primary Sound Driver
Output Channels: Left deck: front output / Right deck: rear output

I don't know what could be wrong. Maybe it's a gonfiguration in the sound setup in the control panel of Windows. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hey hey, ever have any luck with this? I think I am in the same boat....thx~

发表时间 Fri 26 Oct 12 @ 11:23 am
This is an old post from 2008, but most laptops only have a single headphone output. The other socket is normally a mic/line input.

In the rare case that this is a second output, it will simply share the same audio signal as the first to allow two people to listen to the SAME sound on the laptop using headphones. It can't normally be configured to separately output front sound through one socket and rear through the other, which is what you would need to be able to utilise it for DJ purposes.

发表时间 Fri 26 Oct 12 @ 11:40 am
tnjedgtPRO InfinityMember since 2012
It looks like the Numark DJIO/Hercules Trim options are better/different than what I got, even though the box "looks" similar. The Alesis even has an option for stereo/mono, but trying these with different options in VDJ doesn't seem to be splitting the headphone/master being output.

May try to find a djio to try and see if it is able to split better, presumably with some extra 4.1 or ASIO related components inside? Cool, thanks for the info.....lots to learn

发表时间 Mon 29 Oct 12 @ 12:08 pm

发表时间 Mon 29 Oct 12 @ 1:07 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)