快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Just Getting Started..

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Benn a DJ for a looooooong time but I'm just about to start with video. I'd appreciate some feedback on PCs v. laptops and I'd like to know if the following configuration is good enough for VDJ 5.* or is it overkill? Thanks... this is a BIG investment and I need to get it right the first time.

CASE: Apevia X-Cruiser Mid-Tower 420W Case W/ WINDOW, MultiMeter Display & Control (Blue Color)
CPU: (Sckt775)Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E8400 CPU @ 3.0GHz 1333FSB 6MB L2 Cache 64-bit
MOTHERBOARD: MSI P7N SLI-FI 750i SLI Chipset LGA775 Supports LGA775 FSB1333 DDR2/800 Mainboard w/GbLAN, USB2.0, &7.1Audio
MEMORY: (Req.DDR2 MainBoard)2GB (2x1GB) PC6400 DDR2/800 Dual Channel Memory (Corsair or Major Brand)
VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT 1GB 16X PCI Express (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)
VIDEO CARD 2: NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT 1GB 16X PCI Express (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)
LCD Monitor: NONE
HARD DRIVE: Single Hard Drive (750GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD)
Optical Drive: (Special Price) LG 20X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE DUAL LAYER (RED COLOR)
SOUND: Maya 44

Jay
Maxximum Music
Pro DJ Services

"We Take Your FUN Seriously"

发表时间 Tue 05 Aug 08 @ 2:41 pm
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Sounds like a good system to me....perhaps some of the other guys will advise better. I would make a couple of small suggestions though.

1/ PSU - 420W. I'd go for more. 420w is ok, but the more the better.
2/ Graphics - I'm not 100% on cards these days, but i think if you can get the 9600 gt you'd be better off. In fact, i'm sure some users have been having issues with nvidia cards...and have switched to ATI cards instead. Might be wrong...you can search the forums.
3/ Hard drive - 750 is great, but i'd use this solely as your music/video drive and employ a smaller drive for your system files. That way, if anything goes wrong with one of the drives, you don't lose absolutely everything

Like i say, i'm no expert...these are just my opinions. Other than that, great!!!

Hope to see you as a full user soon...:o)

Keep spinnin'...(",)

P

发表时间 Tue 05 Aug 08 @ 5:46 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)