快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: Songs still appear twice?

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Ok following up to this problem I have with songs appearing twice in my database:

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/85038/General_Discussion/Songs_appear_twice_.html

I noticed something about the duplicate songs listed in my database. For each song that appears in my database twice, all of the "file infos" infomration is the same EXCEPT on one of them the file path is in caps.

For example, one is C:\\MUSICS\\WING\\GLENN MILLER - MOONLIGHT.MP3
and the duplicate is C:\\MUSICS\\wing\\Glenn Miller - Moonlight.mp3

I used to have my folders in all caps but changed that when I moved from BPM Studio to VDJ.

Shouldn't VDJ recognize that it is the same file path? It is probably picking up the all caps info from older .m3u song lists that I imported into VDJ.

How can I fix this so the songs don't show up twice (but preserving my playslists)?

发表时间 Mon 16 Jun 08 @ 2:38 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
And you have used the database Check, Clean, and Fix utilities and the duplicates still exist?

发表时间 Mon 16 Jun 08 @ 5:37 am
cstoll wrote :
And you have used the database Check, Clean, and Fix utilities and the duplicates still exist?

Yes. Many times and in many combinations. I've tried everytihing.

发表时间 Tue 17 Jun 08 @ 2:46 am
I think VDJ is reading hidden files. At least on the MAC side of things. I'm getting the same thing, but the duplicate never loads, & it has a . before the filename. Is that the same thing you're seeing?

发表时间 Tue 17 Jun 08 @ 6:02 am
No. I just see exact duplicates. The duplicates work when loaded.

发表时间 Tue 17 Jun 08 @ 3:09 pm
OK - Do you have Itunes and an Ipod? I think I got it. Did you ever choose the option in itunes of "Import all music to Itunes?" If so, that takes EVERY song you have and puts it into the iTunes directory structure and leaves the origional also. I see doubles too, but realized it was what was imported and what was in the origional location. Does this make sense? The ones imported into iTunes lose all cuepoints but retain the BPM info.

发表时间 Tue 17 Jun 08 @ 4:29 pm
Nope. Never imported anything from itunes.

发表时间 Fri 20 Jun 08 @ 3:13 am
Had the same problem!!!!removed everything by hand with an editor.

发表时间 Fri 20 Jun 08 @ 4:39 am
having the same problem

getting something like E/R AND B/MADONNA/........... when i try to play this file it freezes mi vdj

looked for the file on my external hard drive and laptop and did not find it

so vdj must be storing these files somewhere

i have several like this

it is a pain

not good

发表时间 Fri 20 Jun 08 @ 8:11 am
Ok. Here's how to duplicate the exact problem. Anyone importing m3u lists from Alcatech's BPM Studio or other programs that do not use exact upper/lower case matches to your files and file paths may have a similar problem:

Open VDJ and search for a song that is in your search database: ie Brick House
Add it to the playlist
Save the playlist as an m3u playlist file (with only Brick House in it for simplicity)
Open the playlist in notepad.
Rename the mp3 filename using uppercase letters i.e. change c:\Music\Commodores – Brick House.mp3 to c:\Music\COMMODORES – BRICK HOUSE.MP3
(The uppercase format is the way all of my M3U files are formatted in saved files from another program, even though the mp3 files themselves are in normal case – thank you Alcatech’s BPM Studio for screwing this up – apparently they only use capitol letters in germany!)
Save the m3u file.
Create a new virtual folder in VDJ called “Test”.
Select the Test folder and drag the saved playlist into it.
Brick House is now added to the Test folder but it shows up as an unscanned file. Any cue points and key information for Brick House not listed for that file.
Now right click add the file in the test folder to the search databse.
Then go to another folder and search for “Brick House”. The file will show up twice.
Check the “file infos” of both files and you will see that one of them has the filename in all caps.

VDJ seems to keep tag info for the 2 files separately event though they link to the same file. The all caps files are re-counted in the total file count of the browser. Doing a Check, Fix, Clean, Recurse does not fix the error.

My problem is that I have imported 80 playlists containing most of my library into VDJ. So almost every song appears twice. I would really like to preserve all of my playlists. Any ideas on how to correct this issue?

发表时间 Tue 01 Jul 08 @ 3:05 pm
Ok I’ve had the Same problem with VDJ8 pro and couldn’t find anything that solving it until now..the issue is because of iTunes or prog similliar to iTunes that make a copy of the music file and when using virtual both files show up for instance if u click on the file and get ids tags once will locate on whichever folder you have it and the other will say iTunes media..to fix it or what worked for me is firstly got to iTunes preferences then advanced and then stop iTunes from managing your music and uncheck the box prevent iTunes from making copies then wipe out ur entire iTunes library ) u can allways re add them ) then go to virtual dj and perform a remove missing file in database all the duplicate from iTunes should be gone for good !! Hope it helps let me know

发表时间 Fri 27 Oct 17 @ 2:42 pm
In Windows, if you have One Cloud, it will show a duplicate. However, it will also show you that it is linked to One Cloud in the file path. It mostly seems to be content unlimited or other streaming services. I will have to look into it further.

发表时间 Fri 27 Oct 17 @ 4:46 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)