快速登录:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

话题: For Songs Whose Tempos Change...

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

chise1PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi, here's a suggestion that just popped into my head while listening to "Aquarius/Let the Sunshine in" by The 5th Dimension:

Create a cue point where the tempo change occurs. Then, specify to VirtualDJ that there are 2 different tempos in the song, and get it to analyze the first part separately from the second part.

I'm no software engineer, so I don't know how (if) it could be done, but it's just my 2 cents.

发表时间 Sat 14 Jun 08 @ 10:03 am
That would come in handy for the Beastie Boy's "B-Boy Bouillabaisse".

发表时间 Sat 14 Jun 08 @ 11:50 am
I talked about this with someone before and it never got picked up but it's an awesome idea.
Don't even think you need to go down the cuepoint route. It could be included in the BPM editing mode.

Just my thoughts.

Ross M

发表时间 Tue 17 Jun 08 @ 1:08 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
One of these days I'm gonna put some of my old disco tracks through Ableton - apparently it has some kind of clever time compress/expand system that can fix tempo fluctuations, as found on just about any track that doesn't use a drum machine...

发表时间 Tue 17 Jun 08 @ 7:26 pm
Wrote this on another place some time ago but copy here so it not forgotten:
(Basically same idea, seen in Live for example but implementation more suited toward VDJ style mixing)

---
Since there's so much 70's and other old stuff where the BPM isn't constant the "99.9%" detection might be off a bit. Dealing with every corner case such as drifting or intentional smoothly changing tempo/speed up with single algorithm could prove really hard.

Possibly best least effort fix is adding ability to add/edit beat markers with varying tempos (where tempo auto-determined by interval to the previous marker).

Implementation:

A key/action that adds the markers in two different modes (left/right click).

The right click/secondary mode that works like the "right click play/sync to nearest beat", the action/tap would add the marker to the nearest beat instead of the absolute position of the tap so that the tapping doesn't need to be perfect. A fine tune feature could be to click on a beat marker to select it, then use left/right arrow keys to move it.

发表时间 Thu 19 Jun 08 @ 1:14 pm
I ran into this problem today trying to beat match an 80’s disco song. Right now in edit beat grid there is a start and end cue point with the number of beats between the two, which gives you one constant BPM for the entire song.

A solution could be to have multiple beat cue points creating sections, each section being a certain number of beats and time, which gives you a BPM per section.

Example: you have 16 beats between Cue1 and cue2, 100 beats between cue2 and cue3, 36 beats between cue3 and cue4 then the BPM could be good enough between each of the cue points (I don’t know if cue point is the right name...maybe Key Beat point or something). The edit BPM window could then allow you to enter how many beats are on the left of the selected cue point to the previous point. Then from a UI standpoint it may be a good idea to be able to drag the cue points for BPM so you can set them directly on the beat after you get them in the area.

I thought of one possible interface for this, after running the BPM detection, in Grid Edit mode, You could click on a downbeat on the BPM grid under the waveform and drag it into the position where it should be, creating a BPM cue point. Then to create the next one, go a bit out in the track and find a place where it drifts off and drag it back onto beat creating the next. I can explain possible behavoir of setting the first point and points in between other points also if anyone likes that idea who’s working on development.

发表时间 Sun 06 Jul 08 @ 12:01 pm
jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Have you ever tried a sofrtware called ableton live? It has a feature called warping (or something like that) which automatically strectch tracks to constant beat. You can save the audio file stretched to constant bpm, Then you can use the file in virtual dj to mix them always on beat. It is especially handy for old 70s and 80s disco songs which have no constant beat. Of course automatic warping feature in VDJ could be the greatest thing ever. I think it is very complicated algorithm though....

发表时间 Mon 07 Jul 08 @ 7:42 am
Come on Guys....

The solution for mixing songs that have bpm's that fluctuate is easy: adjust the pitch throughout the mix.

This is why knowing your music is important...

Have an 8 beat loop on the incoming track ready...

Get ready for the break...

Throw it in and don't try to ride the mix too long.

Old School....

发表时间 Sun 31 Aug 08 @ 7:44 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)