快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: [NEW] VDJPedia - now online

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
VirtualDJ is excited to announce the launch of the VDJPedia for the VirtualDJ Community.

VDJPedia is designed to provide a central location of knowledge about VirtualDJ. As it's name hints to the VDJPedia is similar to the well known WikiPedia; however our goal is to collect and supply information about VirtualDJ the software and it's community.

If you are not familiar with what a wiki provides, let me explain. The VDJPedia is a living environment like the VirtualDJ forums. Users can contribute to the VDJPedia knowledge and information by posting information that they would like to share with others. Notice it is a place to 'share' knowledge and information. Unlike the forums, VDJPedia is not a place to post questions and expect responses. That is still one of the VirtualDJ forums' role.

VDJPedia is a place where you can and should find answers by searching, browsing, and reading the contributions people have made from first hand experience with VirtualDJ. To maintain a level of integrity to knowledge the current contribution level is designed for Professional Level forum users to be able to contribute information.

These contributions will be heavily monitored for:

1. Legal issues -- please do not post copyrighted work to the site.
2. Quality -- please only post quality information ( know for a FACT what you post is accurate)
3. Abuse -- because people can contribute to the same topics and modify each others provided information, EDITING wars will not be tolerated.

A wiki tool like VDJPedia is intended to provide quick and easy access to things that you all have had rough experiences finding within the forums. Now we can capture that information and share it without digging through several pages of forum threads and/or thread posts. But it takes your help.

Now, we have worked on this for a bit and tried to add some starting information so that way it was not empty. A Wiki is always a 'Work in Progress' it will never be complete, as there is always more that can be added. I hope you are pleased with this new addition to the site. And, it is an encouragement for some that we are working towards make the site more user friendly in the months to come.

Almost forgot -- you can access the VDJPedia from the Community menu on the site - Community -> Wiki

Also, if you have questions, suggestions for Main Page topics, or 'How to do.... ? " questions please comment here in this thread.

Chris
VDJ Team
VDJPedia Admin

发表时间 Wed 04 Jun 08 @ 1:44 am
Brilliant!!

Great job guys, thanks for resources.

发表时间 Wed 04 Jun 08 @ 8:34 am
wow great idea

发表时间 Wed 04 Jun 08 @ 9:42 am
you guys(and ladies) jus dont sleep. always working ways to improve our vdj experience.

will check it out. Thanks again :)

发表时间 Wed 04 Jun 08 @ 9:47 am
Speedy53PRO InfinityStaffMember since 2008
How about VDJpedia in other languages? Any possibilities?

发表时间 Wed 04 Jun 08 @ 10:30 am
A truly self-perpetuating community....can I get a summer job Chris?

发表时间 Wed 04 Jun 08 @ 11:14 am
Speedy53 wrote :
How about VDJpedia in other languages? Any possibilities?

This is something that will evolve. We wanted to roll this out and generate the buzz and see the response. And the short of it is that as Pro Licensed Users people can contribute and translate the content. There are ways this is done within the Wiki so that when a person visits the site, the appropriate content is displayed based on their browsers language setting. But it still requires the 'translation' to be done.

So, I have not ignored this area... but I want to get it on the street... and will actually open a special discussion thread next week sometime to discuss it in more detail. There are some things I need to do so I can best demonstrate how it would be done.

Chris
VDJ Team
VDJPedia Admin

发表时间 Wed 04 Jun 08 @ 11:45 am
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Genius... why did nobody think of this before?

:-)

发表时间 Wed 04 Jun 08 @ 1:48 pm
I sort of stumbled upon this yesterday while getting ready to visit the forums...Pretty neat ;)

发表时间 Wed 04 Jun 08 @ 3:40 pm
I must say..the VDJPedia is very innovative ideia !

发表时间 Sun 08 Jun 08 @ 5:20 pm
I think Dj Cels Registry tool should be in the Wiki. The skin resizer tool is in there. Or better yet have a Tools section.

The wiki looks good & professional.

发表时间 Wed 11 Jun 08 @ 5:17 pm
RUDJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi,

Just want 2 thank U 4 this good job, and hope that this will inspire some french angel :-)

sys

发表时间 Thu 26 Jun 08 @ 12:37 pm
as always, VDJ is miles ahead of the pack in terms of end user "useability".. =)

发表时间 Sun 29 Jun 08 @ 11:22 am
logan8Home userMember since 2008
is anyone having software issue my program is locking up when mapping new songs and i have to restart??? please help

发表时间 Thu 03 Jul 08 @ 9:13 pm
logan8 wrote :
is anyone having software issue my program is locking up when mapping new songs and i have to restart??? please help

Please pick a more appropriate thread or create your own... this is about the VDJPedia not troubleshooting problems.

发表时间 Thu 03 Jul 08 @ 10:18 pm
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004

发表时间 Mon 28 Jul 08 @ 2:42 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)