快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: How do I add a drive to the database?

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Please excuse this post if it comes across as a stupid question, but I'm fairly new to version 5.x and the database is confusing the hell out of me! I've read several posts, as well as the user guide and update guide, but have yet to figure out what the problem is here.

Having recently upgraded from version 4 to version 5, I now have a fully working version 5 database (after a lot of rescanning!). The music drive is all set up, and has the local database file sitting in its root. Plug it into another computer running version 5, and all is well - track names and bpms all good.

I have another laptop however, which refuses to work with it. Plug the drive in, and in the browser, you can find the drive, locate and load songs. Problem is, there's no bpm info showing up - vdj on this machine doesn't appear to read the database file stored on the root of the drive. If I go into config/browser and examine the database, only the c: drive is visible.

Is there some way of forcing vdj to read the local database on my music drive?

发表时间 Tue 03 Jun 08 @ 6:58 am
Dunno if this helps give a clue, but on my working machine, when you start VDJ (with the drive connected of course), it takes around 20 seconds to start up as it loads the local database. On the computer I'm having problems with, this doesn't happen - it starts up pretty much immediately - clearly it's not looking at my music drive when I start the program. Any thoughts folks?

(Please somebody help before I end up redecorating my living room wall with an interesting new colour called "hint of laptop"....)

发表时间 Tue 03 Jun 08 @ 7:34 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
After you launch VDJ, go to Config -> Browser tab -> and look in the drop-down box - bottom section. Does the drive letter exist?

Also, what is the O/S on the machine having the problem ?

发表时间 Tue 03 Jun 08 @ 7:51 am
No, it doesn't exist - the only option there is the C: drive.

The drive is definitely connected though, I can find it in the main browser!

The computer in question is running Vista home basic...

发表时间 Tue 03 Jun 08 @ 8:01 am
It's a permissions issue to the file --
Turn OFF UAC and go to the database file in Vista and increase the Permissions to allow everyone to see it.

发表时间 Tue 03 Jun 08 @ 8:31 am
Sounds scary, being an oldschool XP-head!

Cheers cstoll, I'll have a tinker with that and let you know... :-)

发表时间 Tue 03 Jun 08 @ 8:33 am
Excellent!

All seems to be working great now, once again Cstoll saves the day, thanks!

This permissions malarky is all a bit new to me, I've only ever used XP up until a few weeks ago....

发表时间 Tue 03 Jun 08 @ 8:46 am
Welcome to the Vista Prison Camp !

发表时间 Tue 03 Jun 08 @ 9:47 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)