快速登录:  

Forum: Music discussion

话题: a theory about downloading music

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

i think downloading sinlge tracks without paying for them is a fine thing,its no different than when you would record a song off the radio onto a tape,full albums i can see being charged to download,that i agree with but if you burn a cd for a friend like i said above its the same thing as making a tape copy which was done all the time a few years ago,just a thought

发表时间 Wed 16 Apr 08 @ 1:25 pm
It wasn't right then but it was the only way back then. Now theres so many ways to get the music but the principle is still the same. 1:1 copy vs license.

发表时间 Wed 16 Apr 08 @ 1:35 pm
back then - you would have to sit there and listen to the whole tape record. now u can click and its away in a few minutes.

i agree with you though - one off tracks should be ok to download - the songs are usually on dj only promo cds anyway. the artists arent losing out - they are getting good promotion in the club - they should be happy people want to dance to their track.

发表时间 Mon 21 Apr 08 @ 4:30 pm
Paz75PRO InfinityMember since 2006
i produce and release tracks and i dont want you to download them for free even one-off because i spent alot of time and money to build my studio and the tracks and i have to deal with mechanical rights licensing as well. if i release one track as a remix for someone, you would consider that as a one-off. its no different for me or for madona or Jayzee. difference is, they have royalties coming from all over the place and can goto sleep. me on the other hand, have to struggle for what little return i can make. so be careful of your perception of what is a bearable allowance by the publisher and writer of the track.

if you cant afford to buy a track for 1 or 2 USD you should be ashamed of yourselves. as professional djs you dare to even talk about what's fair when you would be pissed off if i asked you to dj regularly for free?

this is the prime reason why i am very selective about distributing promo copies of my music to djs. there are many which would just copy them to others for free. i spend about 100USD a week, minimum on music. it also means i have a much better collection and newer stuff than djs who wait to get it for free from soulseek, emule, torrents, friends, etc.

发表时间 Fri 09 May 08 @ 11:35 pm
I can understand where you are coming from but a free track release is more pormotion you can get then even selling a track for a dollar,look at Ludacris,he was selling cds for $7 when here started,now sells multimillon copies of every album he releases,im not a producer but a dj who is just starting out and right now I would dj for free,Im just looking to put my name out there and hone my skills and hopefully sometime in the future,possibly make a lviving off of this and if that would happen I would have no problems paying for tracks ,and right now I do pay for albums,I used to purchase cds,but now I mostly get my songs from Itunes and if I do download a track for free,for examples Darudes Sandstorm and I like what I hear I will purchase the whole album,also a lot of cds I had when I was younger were lost or wrecked because I didnt realize that this is what I wnated to do and sinceI payed for them once I have no problem downloading the tracks for free,If I ever could make money off of this medium it would be great but the old saying stands true,you have to spend money to make money.Its all about the music.

发表时间 Sun 11 May 08 @ 1:29 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)