快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Vista won't load VDJ

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I just bought a new laptop for event purposes, mainly lighting but also as a backup for VDJ.

I have an admin account but created a separate user account for installing programs such as VDJ.

In the Admin account VDJ loads fine but on the other account I get the message
'Invalid skin file (error line %i in the xml)'

It would appear this is an issue relating to folder rights as I had to login as Admin to install VDJ and all the associated files went to Admins 'My Documents'

Is there a solution to this. I'm new to Vista and I seriously dislike it already, it's taking wondows backwards if you ask me.

Love my Mac though.

Ross.

发表时间 Sat 12 Apr 08 @ 7:48 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Copy the VirtualDJ folder from the Admin's My Documents to the other User's My Documents.

发表时间 Sat 12 Apr 08 @ 8:30 pm
What an obvious idea lol.

In an ideal world though surely there is a way to get a common folder set so you don't have to have copies of all skins or plugins in each user profile?

Thanks though.

Ross.

发表时间 Sat 12 Apr 08 @ 8:54 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Well VDJ had that until Vista came along. Everything use to be in the Program Files folder, but Vista doesn't like that.

发表时间 Sat 12 Apr 08 @ 10:08 pm
PFD50PRO InfinityMember since 2007
Install in the "Public" folder

发表时间 Sun 13 Apr 08 @ 4:28 am
PFD50...

I thought about trying that, just move all the files to the public 'Documents' folder?

Ross.

发表时间 Sun 13 Apr 08 @ 7:00 am
PFD50PRO InfinityMember since 2007
DJ Ross M wrote :
PFD50...

I thought about trying that, just move all the files to the public 'Documents' folder?

Ross.

I've found it helps because Vista won't let you or a program write to Program Files. Having set that I installed VDJ 5 on Saturday and just changed the install folder to > Program Files > VIrtualDJV5 less work to go back to 3.4.1 if needed. Mines is running alright.

Don't just move the files though install into the "Public Folder"

I've had Vista for a year now and it still catches me out. It is more stable though don't think it's crashed yet. BUT wait untill you run Office 2007 then the fun begins

发表时间 Mon 14 Apr 08 @ 1:41 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)