快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Sticky buttons on Hercules MkII

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hi everyone,

I've had my Hercules mkII for a while now and I'm anxiously awaiting the chance to upgrade to the RMX (whenever they decide to actually sell it in the US!)

In the meantime I've been plugging along with the mkII but the buttons have been acting up. They are constantly either sticking or not registering when I press them. It's to the point now where I don't even bother using the play buttons because they only work 50% of the time. But it's become a real pain trying to Cue/Play without using the buttons.

Does anyone have any advise or tricks for cleaning or refurbing them so I can get another month or 2 out of my mkII (before I end up chugging it across the dance floor some night!)?

Thanks

Steve
DJ Darkwave

发表时间 Fri 11 Apr 08 @ 2:49 pm
I had mine acting like that, I'd have to press the play button several times before the track actualy played. Had my dad come by, opened it up & cleaned it with surface cleaner, finaly hooked it back up & booyaa, worked like new again. If you aren't sure how to do it, take it to an electronics shop, you shouldn't be charged much for just a little tech spray;^]

发表时间 Fri 11 Apr 08 @ 6:44 pm
I've actually opened it up before and cleaned it, it did help but only for a week or 2 before it started acting up again. I'm gonna take it apart again today and give it the once over.

I was just wondering if anyone had used any particular cleaning products that worked the best.

Thanks for sharing your experience!

Steve

发表时间 Sat 12 Apr 08 @ 8:51 am
Hello djdarkwave,

You can use alcohol to clean both
- the carbon contacts (the black points on the rear of the soft rubber keypads)
- and the printed circuit board areas which are in contact with these carbon dots.
You must not use solvent, since several solvents may kill definetely the Play/Cue keypads.

Did you store DJ Console MK2 in a wet atmosphere or in an area with salt?
My DJ Console MK2 has never shown this issue.
My old DJ Console MK1 had exactly this contact issue with Play and Cue keys, and I used
- the button Autobeat as substitute to the Play buttons,
- the button 1 (in the 1-2-3 Cue-Fx-Loop keypad) as substitute to the Cue button.

发表时间 Tue 15 Apr 08 @ 1:58 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)