快速登录:  

Forum: Music discussion

话题: guys please help the rookie

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Ok here we go

Im sitting here night after night trying to figure out how the hell these guys are making these mashups.
Is it possible to do it live or are they all recorded.
How do you mash up a song
is it all loops and hot starts
Can someone give me some ideas. Im dieing here
Thanks to all the veterans out there!

发表时间 Mon 07 Apr 08 @ 9:04 pm
Is it possible to do it live or are they all recorded.
yes.

How do you mash up a song
with butter, salt & pepper, and sometimes garlic

is it all loops and hot starts
sure, why not

Can someone give me some ideas. Im dieing here
idea #1 - stop dieing. idea #2 forget everything i have said thus far (except the stop dying part)

Thanks to all the veterans out there!
and dont think we Veterans dont appreciate you. support your local V.F.W.!

and now for the mostly serious bit:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mashup_%28music%29

sure they take some work, but you can do it if you try. experiment, have fun with it and if you can listen to a mash you've made without making your ears bleed then feel free to play it for customers some night (not a busy night! or better yet after hours or outside the club) to see what they think.
some songs almost beg to be mashed - the hard part is knowing which one, and thats something that you have to decide for yourself

发表时间 Mon 07 Apr 08 @ 10:51 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
The video mashups are done by using software like Sony vegas, where you have a time line and edit things to fit, I think that's how it works, I may be wrong though.

I personally don't like them, but some a very creative and good.

发表时间 Mon 07 Apr 08 @ 11:02 pm
ok well thanks i guess but i know what a mashup is so the definition from wikipedia didnt help much. How are they created. Where is everyeone getting the acapella versions of these songs to mix together? I can certainly throw to tracks together and beat match them and take the bass outa one but what the hell do u do with the wrods. how do you get just the beat from one song and just the wrods from another? a program or soemthing or are you getting recorded versions of just the volcals from somewhere or something?

Thanks

发表时间 Tue 08 Apr 08 @ 11:46 am
Pools are the place to get your acapellas and instrumentals. Promo Only releases "Club" versions of many genres with original, acapella and instrumental versions of top tracks. Many other pools and services offer this as well.
If you have the instrumental with the beat you like and the vocals from the tracks you wanna mash you can experiment and put together a mash that you think will move a crowd. You can practice and pre-produce the mash up to play later, which some peeps sight copyright infringement issues there. (not me, I'm all about power to the people) Or you can get real good and do it live.
With some practice and a creative mind you should be able to mash em up with the best. I have done some live mashes at home that my kid and his friends have liked, and I'm just a no-account bedroom DJ.

发表时间 Tue 08 Apr 08 @ 1:15 pm
Got any recomendations as to waht pools and stuff to go to , to get the instrumentals and vocals?

Thanks

发表时间 Sun 13 Apr 08 @ 6:14 pm
For what type of music

发表时间 Sun 13 Apr 08 @ 10:33 pm
Well personally im a techno kinda guy, but i really need the urban, because that is what i find myself djing latley

Thanks again!

发表时间 Mon 14 Apr 08 @ 9:04 am
Promo Only is a decent choice, if you sign up for the Urban Club series you get instrumentals and acapellas for most top tracks. Club series tracks aren't usually edited for content, the Urban Radio series will get you "clean" versions but no instrumentals or acapellas. I know some guys who use ultimix and like it alot. I'm not real familiar with their formats.

http://www.promoonly.com/
http://www.ultimix.com/

Good luck.

发表时间 Mon 14 Apr 08 @ 10:11 am
I know promo i get them but i never see any insturs or vocals on them?

What are the pool things u were talking about.

发表时间 Mon 14 Apr 08 @ 11:46 am
If you subscribe to PromoOnly's Urban Club series you should receive instrumentals and acapellas.

发表时间 Mon 14 Apr 08 @ 3:16 pm
and even the urban club series has radio edits on some of them for some reason...
if you have vinyl ripper software with the lp's with intrumentals on one side then you can have fun with those too.

发表时间 Mon 14 Apr 08 @ 4:11 pm
o crap
sorry i thought u ment urban radio series
I dindt even know there was a club series
Very cool
Im def going to orer that

发表时间 Mon 14 Apr 08 @ 8:40 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)