快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: which projector should i choose?

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006

I don't have my own projector yet but i still do video.
A party organizer offers me two different projectors, which one i should choose for the video gig?

Both are Epsons:
Epson Dreamio EMP-TWD3
specs: http://asia.cnet.com/reviews/home_av/projectors/0,39037572,39272041p,00.htm

Epson EMP-S3:
specs: http://alatest.fi/apps/reviews/1604525/-1/Projectors/Epson+EMP-S3/

I think It is hard to decide? Which is more important for gig rooms with lights and smoke, contrast or lumens?
Also there is a difference in resolutions...95% of my videos are VOBS and my laptop has VGA output.

Which one do you recommend?

发表时间 Tue 04 Mar 08 @ 12:06 pm

发表时间 Wed 05 Mar 08 @ 3:00 am
Opinions are still appreciated!....
thanks!

发表时间 Thu 06 Mar 08 @ 7:24 am
Paz75PRO InfinityMember since 2006
personally, i think with projectors, there is so many that the brand or model is irrelevant unless you want to buy an industrial size one, which will cost an arm and a leg.

here are the things i look for in a projector:

1) is of decent size with large venting ports. the tiny ones might be nice and compact but cannot run too long without overheating. the light filiment will blow if on for too many hours. so cooling is paramount
2) the contrast ratio is decent
3) the replacement bulb is a decent price.

the resolution is really not all that important in my opinion.

发表时间 Sat 08 Mar 08 @ 1:04 am
Thanks! What is the difference of Brightness and Contrast? Which is more important in video jockeying (assuming that there is smoke and disco lights in gig room)?

发表时间 Mon 10 Mar 08 @ 4:10 am
Both are very important. Higher Brightness is better, but also needs high contrast. High contrast ratio will define more the colours, more deep colours, and black will see more darknes, with low contrast colors looks like washed, black looks like gray.

I just bough a Dell MP2400, 3000Lumens, and a 2100:1 contrast ratio, for under $990 us dlls. I highly recomend it.

发表时间 Mon 10 Mar 08 @ 12:56 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)