快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Pitch Control with TCCD and ICDX

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

DJFocusPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hey everyone,

So I FINALLY got my TCCD's to operate at 100 percent, however there seems to be a problem with the pitch control. The program pitch responds ENTIRELY too slow when i move the pitch slider on my icdx. Then, it seems that the pitch is completely off sometimes as well. I will have the pitch slider all the way to +12, but on the program, it will be reading something like -.5 or something completely off. I tried changing the settings from smart, to absolute, to relative.......still the same thing. Anybody have any setting suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

发表时间 Mon 25 Feb 08 @ 8:50 pm
this depends on the pitch setting in the setup
if u have it set to +/- 34 the it will be shown as +/- 5 in the program display
and change the sensitivity in the control panel to adjust the reaction (latency) of the pitch

发表时间 Tue 26 Feb 08 @ 6:36 pm
where can i change the latency of the pitch, and what do I change it to?

I have both the program and the cd decks on -/+12?

发表时间 Tue 26 Feb 08 @ 10:36 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
DJFocus wrote :
So I FINALLY got my TCCD's to operate at 100 percent, however there seems to be a problem with the pitch control. The program pitch responds ENTIRELY too slow when i move the pitch slider on my icdx.

You do not need TCCDs with the iCDX they are fully midi compatible....read your manual....and try them without the TCCDs....

发表时间 Tue 26 Feb 08 @ 10:43 pm
TearEmUp wrote :
DJFocus wrote :
So I FINALLY got my TCCD's to operate at 100 percent, however there seems to be a problem with the pitch control. The program pitch responds ENTIRELY too slow when i move the pitch slider on my icdx.

You do not need TCCDs with the iCDX they are fully midi compatible....read your manual....and try them without the TCCDs....

I think i may understand why he would want to use TCCDs in an ICDX.

When you use the ICDX as a midi controller, it is sending midi signals to control the internal controls of VDJ. But if he uses TCCD, the ICDX is telling VDJ what part of the track is being played, this way you'll get (or should get) the exact same behaviour as when mixing normal CDS in the ICDX.

I'm only speculating here, but i'm guessing the two different methods will produce different results if you tried back spinning and scratching etc with both.

I've just ordered a pair of ICDXs, i'm gonna try both methods to see if there is any difference and which i prefer if there is.

发表时间 Wed 27 Feb 08 @ 11:37 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Quote :

I think i may understand why he would want to use TCCDs in an ICDX.

When you use the ICDX as a midi controller, it is sending midi signals to control the internal controls of VDJ. But if he uses TCCD, the ICDX is telling VDJ what part of the track is being played, this way you'll get (or should get) the exact same behaviour as when mixing normal CDS in the ICDX.

Bit of a funny way to do it , Its a High quality HID Controller for VDJ or SSL you can cue up using the jogs just the same way as you could with a time code cd and the Icdx displays will be updated with the location.

If you called us at Numark , we would advise you to just use the controller function for ease of setup , but what ever floats your boat.

发表时间 Wed 27 Feb 08 @ 2:09 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
digimixer wrote :
I've just ordered a pair of ICDXs, i'm gonna try both methods to see if there is any difference and which i prefer if there is.

Do not waste your time Digi, just use the native midi control, and download the backspin effect, it is adjustable (from the player) to match what you are trying to achieve. I have had mine (2 iCDX see my blog for a picture) for over a year now and would not even imagine trying to hook them up via TCCD. I always keep a CD loaded in case of PC crash, which only happened once due to static, and that is the only time I had to switch them over. The midi is rock solid for interfacing with VDJ/CUE.

发表时间 Wed 27 Feb 08 @ 2:19 pm
Yes i know that the ICDX is a midi controller. I have been using them as such since I got them. However, i am tired of carrying them to clubs when i dj, and having to replace the house cd decks with them. So i decided on club gigs to use TCCD's, so i am testing out using them on the icdx's that I own

发表时间 Wed 27 Feb 08 @ 7:19 pm
TearEmUp wrote :
digimixer wrote :

Do not waste your time Digi, just use the native midi control, and download the backspin effect, it is adjustable (from the player) to match what you are trying to achieve. I have had mine (2 iCDX see my blog for a picture) for over a year now and would not even imagine trying to hook them up via TCCD. I always keep a CD loaded in case of PC crash, which only happened once due to static, and that is the only time I had to switch them over. The midi is rock solid for interfacing with VDJ/CUE.

Ok cool, glad to hear!

It was purely speculation on my part, completely unfounded it seems. !

Really looking foward to getting my hands on em. Updating first ofcourse.

Cheers for the info guys.

发表时间 Thu 28 Feb 08 @ 10:26 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)