快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: OK, what the f...

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Ok guys, I am cranky and upset. I just got home from a gig, and cussing out Virtual DJ all the way home has been a recurring theme ever since I started using it. Im sick of it. I need this to work as it is supposed to. Its frustrating that people have this working and no matter what I do I cant get to that level.

I have a legit and paid for version of Virtual DJ. It was installed on a shuttle PC with nothing else on it. The computer has never connected to the internet, and is only for DJing. I use the normal skin, and have downloaded no plugins or anything else.

Its a Core 2 Duo @ 2.4ghz, 4GB RAM, Nvidia 7600GS 512MB video card, 36GB raptor for the OS, and two SATA 750GB drives for the videos. Windows XP.

Connected to it are a cheap flatscreen for the program window, an X-session Pro for the video crossfader + other midi things. I use a USB mouse and a PS2 keyboard.

In the coffin case, I have 2) Numark TT200 turntables. The needles are M44 series which I was told were the best for timecode use. I use a TTM57SL, and the tables are grounded to it. The soundcard is a SL1 box, and I use it as a 4/4. Never plug in the usb for the TTM57SL.

There is a dedicated furman power conditioner that powers the computer, monitor, turntables and mixer. Nothing else. All RCA cables are monster series, and I try hard to isolate power cables away from any audio cable.

The issues I have are all centered around the timecodes, which are new as of just 2 months ago. Drifting occurs all the time, and the signals fluctuate from 0-100, but are mostly at 0. I have noticed that if I play the center most inch of the vinyl it works the best.

I have had professional help from 2 other classically vinyl DJs. They showed me how to properly setup the needles, weights and balance. All of that is good.

Serato Scratch Live works 100% of the time. Never had any issues with it. Can play for days and days with it without any issues. It always has a perfect signal, no issues whatsoever.

Why cant I get a good strong timecode signal? Im really frustrated. Please help.

发表时间 Sat 23 Feb 08 @ 3:40 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Ground the Tables to the Shuttle PC OR the SL1 box.
In the TimeCode config uncheck the ClearSound.

Now what happens ?

发表时间 Sat 23 Feb 08 @ 6:44 am
Always have used it without Clearsound. Will try the ground to the computer tonight. Thanks.

发表时间 Sat 23 Feb 08 @ 1:37 pm
Ok, just got home from a gig. I grounded it to several different points on the computer. If I dont ground to anything nothing works at all. Grounding to something whether it be the mixer or the computer, im still not getting good clear signal. Also - pitch is jumping around randomly. Drifting is happening as well. Pitch is set at over 10k in the sound configuration. No clue there.

This has been going on too long. Its really hard to identify, because it only happens when im at a gig. When im at home and running no sound everything works perfectly.

Ive replaced all cables, ive tried many mixers, many computers, and multiple sound cards. Arghh... the only thing that I have not done is try different turntables, but as you could imagine that is hard to do when you need to be in a live environment to reproduce the issues.

Also, since upgrading from the cracked version, ive notice that the program itself will hang (audio / video is fine) for a split second when I type in a search for something. What gives with that?

发表时间 Sun 24 Feb 08 @ 4:35 am
Pitch Sensitive is set at 10k ?? The default is 2000, and should typically be lowered and not increased in value.

Also, what is so different from home to gig ? You should look at every little aspect.

发表时间 Sun 24 Feb 08 @ 8:08 am
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
The default was 500 last i knew, but 2000 is my setting and seems to be a good steady choice.

The only thing i can think of for a difference between home and gigs would be much more vibrations to interfere with the turntables.

VVVVV -- good thinking, does the SL1 have a mixer panel ? maybe raising the inputs levels.

发表时间 Thu 28 Feb 08 @ 8:28 am
I think you can run into TCV trouble cause the SL1 phono pre-amps are not working when ScratchLive isn`t started. At least it was like this at the past and i don`t think they changed that in 1.80. I tried it by myself yesterday and the signal wasn`t that good even when the VDJ preamp was enabled, i now ordered some cheap (15 Euro) phone preamps and i`ll try again

发表时间 Thu 28 Feb 08 @ 8:51 am
I have heard of people in the past launching SSL and then closing it and open VDJ to get the quality up. Something along the lines of what ciacomix is talking about. By running SSL it 'activates' the box somehow. Don't have one to confirm this, but I have seen posts in the past about this.

发表时间 Thu 28 Feb 08 @ 5:23 pm
cstoll wrote :
I have heard of people in the past launching SSL and then closing it and open VDJ to get the quality up. Something along the lines of what ciacomix is talking about. By running SSL it 'activates' the box somehow. Don't have one to confirm this, but I have seen posts in the past about this.

Well CStoll yes and no, i think that "tweak" was about using the SL1 ASIO driver with other applications in general, however in version 1.80 (the current one) you don`t have to open SSL first. I`ll report back about the phono pre-amps as soon as they arrive here cause i think the inbuild ones of the SL1 are somehow "binded" to the ScratchLive software. Too bad cause i was told that they`re very good quality.

发表时间 Thu 28 Feb 08 @ 11:24 pm
You said "There is a dedicated furman power conditioner that powers the computer, monitor, turntables and mixer. Nothing else. All RCA cables are monster series, and I try hard to isolate power cables away from any audio cable."

Is this the one that has you available power meter? Since this is happening live is there a chance you are drawing to much power and on the edge of brown out? really noticable when amps are on the same cercut and your bass uses all the power. I have the meter and have been a places were the power is crap.

发表时间 Fri 29 Feb 08 @ 12:40 pm
I thought about that, but i doubt it. It even happens when i plug into a club system. I have resolved several issues. Scratching sounds alot better, and im not getting any drifting anymore. I took aligator clips from the mixer to the computer and am grounding it at both places. I bought a DJM-800, and I dont know why that would make a difference, but it has.

The new issue (and only issue) is that my pitch will fluctuate in the middle of mixing. Not by alot, but a little. Ive tried setting the pitch at 100 to 5000, and nothing helps. mixes are getting butchered unless i take off timecode before i mix. Dunno there.

发表时间 Sat 01 Mar 08 @ 8:05 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Interesting info about the sl-1 box and its driver.

Try setting the pitch sensitivity to 0 and see if that helps. Keep in mind an mp3 here and there might be slighty off on its bpm scan, nothing is 100% so make sure you have exact counted beats when testing.

and make sure clearsound is off.

发表时间 Mon 03 Mar 08 @ 10:22 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
listen2 wrote :
Try setting the pitch sensitivity to 0

Well I don't think it's the good value because his pitch fluctuates.

Pitch sensitivity is a refresh time (in milliseconds) so in your case you have to use a big value (something around 2000 ms).

You can try to auto-config when you needle is in the middle of your timecode vinyl. The software will get an average value (due to the difference of arm weight, ...) for his reference and it could be better.

发表时间 Tue 04 Mar 08 @ 8:23 pm
Is there some way to turn off using timecodes for pitch control? and just use them for adjusting position?

发表时间 Wed 05 Mar 08 @ 6:00 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)