快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: General Hercules MK2 questions and mixing difficulties

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hi, i have been working with my MK2's for a while but i am trying to teach myself the basics as i know no one else who uses mp3 decks, i also have no previous DJ'ing experience so im finding blending hard.
I have read the basics guide on here and i have been able to pull off 4 succesful gigs, but i think that was mainly due to luck and an inexperienced crowd.
I have a few questions...
Firstly how can i effectivley use the auto beat function?
Secondly i realise there are no effect updates available for mac yet but when will the be available and what are the best ones to use?
And thirdly is there an exact date for when the extra skins will be available for macs? because i cant install virtual dj on a windows platform and transfer and i realise shy has a high demand of people emailing and asking for skins!
And most importantly, i have trouble understanding my inputs and outputs. I currently practice by using the 1/2 mini jack output where i put my training speakers. However i have played a large venue the other day and had trouble setting my mk2's up with the external mixer and getting a decent quality sound - i ended up finding a mini jack lead and used that to connect my 1/2 output to the external mixer. What outputs are the best to use and what leads do i need to use them! I may not always be using an ext. mixer so im just wondering how i would connect them to bigger speakers too.
Any general hints would be appreciated.

Also I mainly DJ electro house and psytrance, i am looking for someone who is just starting out to chat to about problems and stuff and hopefully help each other out! if you could PM me i have msn and would be happy to swap emails as its always good to have someone whos in the same boat

Thanks in advance, iv had a lot of help off this forum and i think this is the last lot of info i need to finally get myself off the ground!

Cheers

Psytramp

发表时间 Mon 18 Feb 08 @ 8:49 am
Any help will be appreciated as i am playing again soon!
thanks!

发表时间 Tue 19 Feb 08 @ 6:28 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Psytramp wrote :
I have a few questions...
1)Firstly how can i effectivley use the auto beat function?
2)Secondly i realise there are no effect updates available for mac yet but when will the be available and what are the best ones to use?
3)And thirdly is there an exact date for when the extra skins will be available for macs? because i cant install virtual dj on a windows platform and transfer and i realise shy has a high demand of people emailing and asking for skins!
4)And most importantly, i have trouble understanding my inputs and outputs. I currently practice by using the 1/2 mini jack output where i put my training speakers. However i have played a large venue the other day and had trouble setting my mk2's up with the external mixer and getting a decent quality sound - i ended up finding a mini jack lead and used that to connect my 1/2 output to the external mixer. What outputs are the best to use and what leads do i need to use them! I may not always be using an ext. mixer so im just wondering how i would connect them to bigger speakers too.

Hi psytramp

1) U can effectively use the auto beat function by pressing those button on mk2 or use the sync button on the software. It will eventually align the CBG of the tracks. You could also create shortcut for this.

2) It will be available soon n meanwhile u can use beatgrid well on mac. Video effects from DJ Cel is also now available on the plug in add ons.

3) This too be available soon. And there are temp solution for this. Temporary solution to install these skins on MAC is: - Take a PC with windows and Cue installed - Download the skin - Install the skin on the PC - Copy and paste the zip file of the skin from PC to MAC (from documents VirtualDJ folder)

4) See here http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/63321/Hardware_Technical_Support/MK2_users_if_you_are_confused_about_using_external_mixer_look_here__.html
U should use RCA instead of the mini jack.

Regards

发表时间 Tue 19 Feb 08 @ 7:29 am
thanks a lot!
Where is the RCA? the rear joint inputs?
And can i plug them straight into a monitor / amp?
Thanks a lot for the ext. mixer link too!

发表时间 Tue 19 Feb 08 @ 3:32 pm
yes it at the rear inputs n outputs.. If u wish to connect to amp just buy an adapter from RCA to 1/4 jack as some amp don't have rca input.. They normally have the TRS 1/4 inch n XLR.. n there u have it;)

发表时间 Tue 19 Feb 08 @ 11:21 pm
Thanks!

发表时间 Wed 20 Feb 08 @ 8:15 am
np, if there is anything else just ask;)

发表时间 Wed 20 Feb 08 @ 11:14 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)