Forum: Old versions

话题: Freezing Videos - PC laptop

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Here is what I have;
Dell Inspiron 6400
- Intel Core 2CPU
- T7200 @ 2GHz
- 997MHz 2GB Memory
- Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family (Display settings at 1280 X 800 and 32 bit Color Quality)

Here is my problem;
I load a video on a deck (either one) (Solja Boy 'Crank That'), then load another video on the other deck (either one) (50 Cent Ayo Techniology). The first video (Crank That) plays fine and after loading the second video (Ayo Technology), the second video freezes after about 2 to 4 seconds of play. I can scratch the video and it picks up play (synced with audio) then freezes again after a few seconds. I can do a CTRL+V, twice to turn video off then on again and the video plays then after a few seconds, freezes again. I found that when I eject the video from the first deck (Crank That), the second video continues to play all the way through. If I load the same video or another video back onto the first deck (Crank That), while the second video is playing, the second Video (Ayo Technology), continues to play through. This happens with other videos but not all. All the videos are ripped from DVD and play fine in a DVD player (Home system and or Computer).

Here is what I have tried;
Ripped the videos in the Rip DVD program that comes with Virtual Vinyl Software (.VOB format)
Ripped the videos in SmartRipper (VDJ support recommended) (.VOB format)
Ripped the videos in Cinematize .MPG format)
Re-installed Virtual Vinyl. Re-installed video drivers. Lowered color quality to 16 bit in the display properties. Removed Total Control.

No problems with audio. no preblems with video when 'use hardware acceleration' is unchecked.
Solja Boy video is 199.5MB (4 minutes 12 seconds)
AYO Technology video is 208MB (3 minutes 58 seconds)

I'll check to see if this happens to any other videos that are over 200MB to eliminate file size or length as a problem. The sizes above are in .MPG format.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Skratch

发表时间 Sun 17 Feb 08 @ 5:33 pm
Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family (Display settings at 1280 X 800 and 32 bit Color Quality)
I am afraid your video card may not be up to the task of doing video, you need a card with at least 256mb DEDICATED memory.

Are you running Vista or XP??

发表时间 Sun 17 Feb 08 @ 7:54 pm
Yup...using Windows XP Pro. I have shared memory. 256MB. Is that why I am having problems.

发表时间 Mon 18 Feb 08 @ 9:41 pm
Does this mean I have to get a new laptop? Or, is there a way for me to get the memory fot the video dedicated. By the way, I checked and have 224MB for video.

发表时间 Mon 18 Feb 08 @ 11:57 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

Ideally you should have Laptop with a Dedicated Graphic card with out least 256mb of memory to run video, if not, you will be getting the effects the you are experiencing.

It may be time for you to Upgrade to a Laptop with one of these cards in, if you want to continue with video.

Jimmy b

发表时间 Tue 19 Feb 08 @ 3:29 am
Thank you both. I really appreciate your input and help.
I attempted to duplicate the problem with my Sony Vaio PC. It only has 128MB memory and is dedicated. I could not duplicate the problem. So like mentioned, if I want to continue with video, I will need to get my hardware upgraded or replaced.

Thanks again...

发表时间 Tue 19 Feb 08 @ 10:33 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)